Sauerworld Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Maps / Temple of Zarah - Deathmatch Map
« Last post by 7Year on Today at 12:13:44 am »
In short, deathmatch map for 4-8 players, for Effic, Insta & FFA...

SG = 26; CG = 16; RI = 14; RL = 4; GL = 4; PI = 1;
Spawns = 26; Health = 26; All 4 major items present, 1 of each (QD, HB, YA, GA);

For people who like to read, map has 200k WTR & 318k WVT, which is a lot for deathmatch map, but I've generated PVS (3000 cells), and map runs smoothly, even on my crappy laptop. For comparation, Stahlplatten (spcr) has same amount of WTR, and it's only little laggier (on my system & options). Map has various details, more complex geometry and it can be used "Geometry Prefab" for newer mappers. Aesthetic was first in my mind for this map, and WTR paid the price, but map is playable. ;)

If any1 wants to convert this map to CTF, Duel or any other gamemode, he can do it (if other gamemodes fit this layout)... No need to credit me or that stuff, I don't care... :)

Alt-Download [Google]:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-KXG5EQn7yYMWDqtSkn_h6WRoFbzVfgy/view?usp=sharing

Have fun, 7Year ;3
Off-Topic / Tesseract from a sauerbraten perspective
« Last post by arCABAL on September 18, 2018, 08:40:34 pm »
Gerwin asked me to come and play tesseract so I decided to dig into it a little deeper this time and do a little guide on how to set things up for others, especially those used to sauerbraten.

Installation
As I see it, there are two distinct versions of tesseract right now: The initial release version from 2014, and the latest SVN development version. If you simply press the big download button (windows, linux, or mac) on tesseract.gg, you will download the initial 2014 version. This version has the binary executable program included so you can run it right away. No need to compile or install anything, but it is an older version of the game which is incompatible with the SVN development version.

The last time I played tesseract, there were only two servers. These used the newer protocol from the latest version (last update is from somewhere in 2018)
These servers only showed up if you used the lastest version of the game client, or maybe they showed greyed out as "newer protocol" in the server list. Either way, I could not enter them because of the protocol mismatch.

To get this latest development version, the easiest way I found is to download the latest tesseract-nightly.zip from the nightly SVN Builds link http://tesseract.pupskuchen.net/
This zip does include the 32 and 64 bit .exe binaries for windows but for linux (and I think also mac?) these are missing and need to be compiled still. I don't know how compiling on mac and windows works, but here is how to do it on linux:

First you need to install the required dependencies. In bin_unix/readme.txt is a list of needed software libraries. For convenience, I made a list of the corresponding names for all the APT packages which you can use on debian/ubuntu based systems.

Code: [Select]
sudo apt install libgl1-mesa-dev libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev zlib1g-dev

On other distros that don't use apt, these packages might have different names. Try tab autocompletion or google to find the right packages for your distro.

When you have those installed, go into the main directory and run:

make -C src install
After it finished compiling, in the bin_unix folder will be the executable ELF files tess_server, and tess_client.

You can then run the tesseract_unix script in the main directory to start the game client.

./tesseract_unix

you probably want to create a .desktop file for this launch script, so that tesseract shows up in your applications menu

assuming you extracted tesseract-nightly to your home directory, you can use this .desktop file

/usr/share/applications/tesseract.desktop
[Desktop Entry]                                                                 
Name=Tesseract                                                                 
Exec=~/tesseract-nightly/tesseract_unix                     
Icon=~/tesseract-nightly/media/interface/cube.png                       
Type=Application

On linux, tesseract creates a .tesseract folder in the home directory, similar to the .sauerbraten folder.
If it works the same as for sauerbraten, this folder on mac and windows will probably be at:

On Windows 7 and 10 this is C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Tesseract
On an Apple Mac it is most likely macHD/users/%username%/library/Application Support/tesseract/

I now have these two separate incompatible versions installed. The SVN version has more content and more maps so that one is the preferable one to play but I also keep the 2014 initial edition because a lot of newcomers are simply downloading that version from the website and don't yet understand how to get the SVN version.

Maps
As the game is still pretty barebones, it only has a few maps and textures.
There are a lot more maps on the forum, but for convenience, I created a zip will a bunch of custom maps I got from Daemes, Ard, and Doko.
extract and merge it with ~/.tesseract/media

SVN Download
Before I found the nightly builds link, I tried downloading from the SVN. I'll keep this here for reference, but you don't need to do this if you just want to download and play the game.
I did however use this way to download and then compile the game on my vps, which now also hosts a tesseract server.

To download the svn repository. You can either download a zip from the webSVN and extract that
https://websvn.tuxfamily.org/listing.php?repname=tesseract%2Fmain&path=%2Fbin_unix%2F&#a2375b276c8a6147a9a98ff49835f7c78

or use an SVN client to download the SVN respository. When I tried downloading the full zip from the webSVN page it timed out a few times so I used these bash commands to download it instead:

sudo apt install subversion
mkdir tesseractsvn
cd tesseractsvn
svn checkout svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/tesseract/main

The downloaded directory will not include any binary executables

Scripts and Binds
autoexec.cfg is in the config folder and I also put my other scripts in there. If you do it like that, you have to specify that folder in the exec lines in autoexec like this:
exec config/binds.cfg

Everything in tesseract is just a little different than in sauerbraten. You can press F10 ingame to see the default binds. I couldn't get used to those so instead I made custom binds so that everything behaves almost the same as in sauerbraten. shift to move geometry inside a selection is a little different because that is a toggle now (with my bind for it). The universaldelta function has a different name but works the same, /coop became /edit, and some bindable keys and the mouse buttons have different names that you have to use in bind commands.

Here are my binds, I included the script to hold tilde and scroll the mouse to change the floatspeed.

// binds.cfg by arCABAL
// tesseract binds to mimic sauerbraten behavior

///////////////////////////////
/// change floatspeed by holding tilde key and scrolling mosue
floatspeedlist = [1 5 10 20 50 100 250 500 1000 2500 5000 10000]  //variable list length. values to scroll through can be added or removed
bind "backquote" [ums_setmodifier chfloatspeed] // backquote is tilde key under escape. don't editbind this same key with something different so it also works in editmode.
floatspeedlist_i = 6  // default floatspeed = 250
delta_edit_chfloatspeed = [
    floatspeedlist_i = (min (max (+ $arg1 $floatspeedlist_i) 0) (- (listlen $floatspeedlist) 1))
    floatspeed (at $floatspeedlist $floatspeedlist_i)
    echo (concatword "floatspeed = " $floatspeed)
]
delta_game_chfloatspeed = $delta_edit_chfloatspeed       // makes it also work in spectatormode
////////////////////////////////

editbind 0 [allfaces (= $allfaces 0); if (= $allfaces 0) [echo allfaces OFF] [echo allfaces ON]]
editbind lshift [toggleeditmovecut]

bind L [fullscreen (- 1 $fullscreen) ]
editbind J [gotosel]
editbind Z [undo]
bind O [if (= $spec 1)[spectator 0 ; spec = 0][spectator 1 ; spec = 1]]

editbind 5 [entediting (= $entediting 0); if (= $entediting 0) [echo entediting OFF] [echo entediting ON] ]     // enable/disable entity editing
editbind 6 [entselsnap (= $entselsnap 0); if (= $entselsnap 0) [echo entselsnap OFF] [echo entselsnap ON] ]
editbind 7 [outline (= $outline 0); if (= $outline 0) [echo outline OFF] [echo outline ON]]
editbind 8 [wireframe (= $wireframe 0); if (= $wireframe 0) [echo wireframe OFF] [echo wireframe ON]]           // default bind: entity editing
bind 9 [ thirdperson (? (> $thirdperson 1) 0 (+ $thirdperson 1) ); thirdpersonside 0]

editbind period [selentedit]

bind "KP_PLUS" [conskip -5]
bind "KP_MINUS" [conskip 5]
bind "KP_ENTER" [conskip -1000]

// tap and hold to show scoreboard, double tap to keep open, tap again to hide.
bind tab [
    sleep 300 [
        showscoresdoubleclick = 0
    ]
    if $showscoresdoubleclick [
        toggleui scoreboard
    ]   [
        holdui scoreboard
        showscoresdoubleclick = 1

]
]

I also tried some of my old sauerbraten scripts in tesseract.
My vcolor gradient script worked without any modification. The text generation script uses the pastebrush function which is called pasteprefab in tesseract. That was all that had to be changed for it to work.
Maps / Re: Croma
« Last post by Gangler on September 12, 2018, 09:45:53 am »
great map. :)
General Chat / Re: RESULT: SauerDuels #20
« Last post by Suicizer on September 09, 2018, 02:10:44 pm »
Isn't there an article about this on the home page?
General Chat / RESULT: SauerDuels #20
« Last post by Tophy on September 04, 2018, 04:54:50 pm »
In the beginning was nothing... Then the holy SCHABALABADINGDONG created two worlds:
The real world and SauerWorld! And what would be SauerWorld without a SauerDuels tournament?
This time we finally hit the magical number of twenty - Playing the beloved and well-hated FFA mode;
FFA - Some say it's the best mode out of all and others say they'd prefer cancer over playing it once. The opinions are
very wide-spread as well as the skill-level of people playing and people actually enjoying it.

FFA has always been being a less played mode than effic and insta.
But on sunday we only had six people participating...
These were Frosty, also hosting the tournament along with raffael,
Honzik1, who probably has the most FFA titles of all time,
notas, playing and streaming the fights,
raffael, who currently wears the insta and effic crown,
Rotti, who recently seems to be a very promising player and
ZCrone who is a beginner but also not bad at all.

We actually missed some very good FFA players such as Redon and Lokio plus our well-known swatllama.
We hope to see them next time then...

Many close games were played but in the end, my personal expectations didn't disappoint me:
notas won all of his games in group stage and advanced to semifinals, giving him a one-win advantage against
his first competitor. Position two, three and four were difficult since Honzik1, Frosty and raffael all lost two games out of five
so the final score decided: Honzik being placed 2nd, Frosty finishing 3rd and raffael making the 4th.
Our eventual newcomers Rotti and ZCrone played - overall - good games and were played 5th and 6th. I personally want to see
more of them in future competitions.

Well, in a nutshell - notas won two games (advantage + one win on nmp8) against raffael. Raffael's game on tumwalk was very impressive
leading to notas' only defeat in this tournament.
Honzik also aquired an one-win-advantage so he only needed to win one game against Frosty... He actually did it but Frosty was
playing bravely and was able to win Honzik one time.

The third-position-game was a close fight which came down to the last minutes, leading to Frosty's win over raffael making him finishing 4th and
Frosty being placed 3rd on the dais.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, after a too long text about the tourney itself, I finally come to the finals...
Honzik and notas had the pleasure to fight each other one more time. Notas (YEZ I CAPITALIZED UR NAME :P) won two games
making a tiebreaker unnecessary. That's hereby the first time in SauerDuels history where nyamms didn't win the FFA title (He didn't play anyways).

Well, if we take a look at the top positions we have notas on 1st, Honzik on 2nd and Frosty on 3rd. Congratulations!
But I also want to salute Rotti and ZCrone who played solid games and most likely learned something from it! Good games tho!

This probably sounds like copy-paste now but of course, thanks to Frosty and raffael managing the tourney while playing in it.
Notas, criticizing with expert advice did again a very good job of streaming and entertaining ;)

So that's all for the moment, guys.
In case of having suggestions or constructive criticism please don't be shy and tell me (Actually, why would you be shy to me? xD)

Thanks for reading and have a nice week!

Links/Resources:
Bracket:                    https://sauerduels.challonge.com/de/sd20ffa
notas' stream:         https://www.twitch.tv/videos/305093436

~BudSpencer aka Tophy or Tophy aka BudSpencer... Whatever

Maps / Re: Hexenic Fortress - FFA Map
« Last post by 7Year on September 01, 2018, 08:09:35 am »
Update: 01.09.
Lighting is fixed, you might recognize it on updated image...
Also, deleted that '/music' command in .cfg
Off-Topic / Re: I am now 1 year old in the game
« Last post by h8 on August 15, 2018, 11:04:15 am »
11 more days and I will be 2 years old in this game 8)
I heard you play FFA?

Nov, 2018 I should be 1 year old in ffa. Last year Nov is when I started taking interest in ffa. It's my favorite mode coz there's so many cool things you can do in a 10 min game if you are smart enough.
Maps / Tech01 Hillfort - Duel map by 7YearBitch & Nieb
« Last post by 7Year on August 10, 2018, 07:21:17 pm »
Tech01 Hillfort

[Download]https://drive.google.com/file/d/10zJaowmtwxW8QxVuw3qj0pMKulWSWB1i/view?usp=sharing - Google Drive

Duel map made when I accedently came across Nieb on cm|CubicMatter server... Basic idea of map is generic duel map, using only Soc's Tech01 texture pack. There are no QD, HB and YA, and on map are 2 GA, with all ammo types present. I'll be happy to re-edit the map if any1 has ideas for improvement, but please keep in mind that I won't change portals, jumppads and texture pallet. :3

Cheers, 7Year...
Maps / Ruebli - A medium-large symmetrical CTF map
« Last post by Zoocata on July 15, 2018, 04:03:57 am »
Ruebli is a Mediterranean-themed, medium-large symmetrical map supporting CTF and regen modes. It also has a lot of carrots.

The map has only 168k wtr, pretty reasonable considering the size. The lightmaps are what take up most of the filesize.

Sauerworld has been really buggy and won't let me upload anything, so I'm using a mirror. (Google Drive)

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/1v4vmzh

Enjoy!

Other / Re: 2-4-6-8 Law: Efficient, Decent, Terrain Guide by Ardelico
« Last post by Salatiel on July 10, 2018, 08:48:14 pm »
rip images
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10