Sauerworld Forum

"Piedrita" duel map by Salatiel.

Salatiel

• +25/-1
    • Projects by Salatiel
"Piedrita" duel map by Salatiel.
« on: April 12, 2015, 02:51:16 AM »
"Piedrita" (Quarries) is a duel map 3vs3 in ffa, insta and effic.
    Piedrita is set in a place abandoned by former miners, the name "Piedrita"
is because of the map is covered in stones.

notes: The map can be visually polluted.

The map may look ugly because of textures, but that's the idea, an ancient place and destroyed by time...

All textures and mapmodels are of the game, I can not give due credit to each,

-----------------

Developers:
           Salatiel

Testers players in .Txt file

:)

(Update)

I modified the Piedrita map almost completely. the images of the new layout:

old version:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:02:31 PM by Salatiel »
@Salatiel#5274

Suicizer

• +6/-5
Re: "Piedrita" duel map by Salatiel.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 05:47:44 PM »
Interesting map to look at on a first approach.

When checking ingame (the provided video doesn't reveal a lot at all; too bad), it doesn't seem like there has been a proper plan for the layout. Getting on top of the upper platform isn't quite groundless as you're being forced to jump twice, while those ledges could also be some stairs instead. Adding stuff like skytextured slopes doesn't feel right either as you normally aren't able to climb on top of such heights on other maps.

I would advice to not use spinsky on a skybox with clouds and even a sun, but rather use cloudlayer and if necessary, cloudbox (with all of their additive features).
The map could use some less skylight and more sunlight also, as the atmosphere feel pretty boring currently.

There are many many more things which could be improved, but I hope that helped a bit.

Salatiel

• +25/-1
    • Projects by Salatiel
Re: "Piedrita" duel map by Salatiel.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »
Interesting map to look at on a first approach.

When checking ingame (the provided video doesn't reveal a lot at all; too bad), it doesn't seem like there has been a proper plan for the layout. Getting on top of the upper platform isn't quite groundless as you're being forced to jump twice, while those ledges could also be some stairs instead. Adding stuff like skytextured slopes doesn't feel right either as you normally aren't able to climb on top of such heights on other maps.

I would advice to not use spinsky on a skybox with clouds and even a sun, but rather use cloudlayer and if necessary, cloudbox (with all of their additive features).
The map could use some less skylight and more sunlight also, as the atmosphere feel pretty boring currently.

There are many many more things which could be improved, but I hope that helped a bit.

It was good you have cited these mistakes ... Maybe I rebuild the map with the same idea but changing some things.
   At the top of the building I was no idea to edit there, just getting those boxes without gameplay.
To the few mistakes I've seen but not packed for lack of creativity, the video was only a Trickshot :P

thanks for the feedback.
@Salatiel#5274