Sauerworld Forum

dust6

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
dust6
« on: January 22, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »
This is a CTF map that Fan|Rudi started a while back. He then got frustrated with it and handed it over to me, where I changed some parts of the layout and some details, retextured it for Inexor, and added playerstarts, items, and bases. This version is the retextured version, with only textures under a CC-BY license, so the map is free to use for whatever purpose, as long as you give proper credit. This also means however that you need some custom textures (from philipk) to see the map properly; they can be found here: http://www.philipk.net/index.html (at the very bottom of the page, download the "Ancient Collection" file). The other ones are medieval_soc textures which are already included in the latest release of Sauer. Edit: Philipk textures and the skybox are included with the zip

I am posting this here for the guys at Inexor to grab a hold of, but feel free to leave some feedback if you want. Also, please check it out!

You can also check out the original post here: http://quadropolis.us/node/4091

P.S. Don't ask about the name

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:23:13 PM by Fatality »

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
Re: dust6
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »
The textures in Ancient Collection are all .bmp, while the config wants to load them as .cfg. Also it can't load skyboxes/cruz/rockwell , so I see a lot of 'texture error' :(  The version on quadropolis does work though.

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:23:56 PM »

Ah, thanks for picking that up! I actually got the textures myself off of the Inexor GitHub, so I had no clue the ones from the philipk website were .bpm files. I included the textures in the zip and re-uploaded it, check it out now and let me know if there are anymore problems. I also forgot that the skybox is also custom, it is also included in the zip now :)

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 02:02:33 PM »
Is perfect now :)

It's a really nice map (except the giant cocks ofcourse :P ), maybe even playable for 5v5.
One thing I found a little bit annoying though: it is not immediately clear what roofs you can walk on and what roofs are clipped, despite the different textures. But maybe that's just something you should get used to.