Sauerworld Forum

Greetings

johnno56

• +2/-0
  • Live long and prosper.
Greetings
« on: November 21, 2014, 04:07:00 AM »
This is my first appearance at this Forum. I have been "tinkering" with Sauerbraten for several years, but have not had the courage to create a full game. My grand-children always ask for me to "play the cube game" and are fascinated by how well it performs and entertains.

I can create "basic" structures; apply textures and lighting and stuff like that. I had even attempted to import models. (actually, it was just a large vase) but my greatest weakness, is scripting. I am hoping that this Forum can provide information about the right tools, tutorials and ideas, that can help be to be a better 'mapper'.

J

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 05:26:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum :)

Fear

• +3/-2
  • Don't worry...it's only smellz!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »
Welcome :)

I am hoping that this Forum can provide information about the right tools, tutorials and ideas, that can help be to be a better 'mapper'.

Im sure Fatality is the right man for any questions about mapping. Feel free to ask him :P

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:30:17 PM »
I could give you a hand also if you wish. Several knowledgable people is better than a few.

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 03:54:54 AM »
Well, I know all about Skylights, inserting models and other entities, can interpolate a not-terrible arch, semi-circle, or rounded square corner. I have been mapping on and off for more than five years, now.

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »
Don't worry! No matter how good you are, Suicizer knows better and maps worse!

Ardelico

• +15/-0
  • imasheep
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »
@johnno56 I can assist with various aspects of mapping.  I'm currently making a guide about constructing terrain, take a peek here if you want.

That guide is a WIP but it covers basic terrain. 

If you have questions regarding lighting, blendmap, geometry, proportioning, weapon placements, waypoints, map-commands, ent placement, etc, I can answer in this thread or you can come to Sheeptopia server some time.

I'll be making a guide for those too.

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 10:07:45 AM »

That guide is a WIP but it covers basic terrain. 

If you have questions regarding lighting, blendmap, geometry, proportioning, weapon placements, waypoints, map-commands, ent placement, etc, I can answer in this thread or you can come to Sheeptopia server some time.

[/quote]

You know I've been busy making such guides also? They are even here on Sauerworld.

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 10:09:36 AM »

Don't worry! No matter how good you are, Suicizer knows better and maps worse!

Stop insulting people please. As admin, be an example for other users.