Sauerworld Forum

TNT Bunker

Footknight

• +0/-0
TNT Bunker
« on: December 28, 2014, 06:24:16 AM »
Not yet complete!
Here is one of my current projects. A TNT storage bunker in the middle of an old town setting. I hope to actually complete this one! Usually I get bored half way through a project and end up unable to finish it, here's hoping the same won't happen with this project!

If you have any suggestions/ideas please say so!
I will attach the .ogz when completed or if someone requests it.

I was using Mumble when taking the screenshots, strange how Sauer grabs overlaying stuffs like that... :o
The Adventure Continues...

Suicizer

• +6/-5
Re: TNT Bunker
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 01:48:53 PM »
I'm requesting to upload the .ogz-file =P.

So far seen on the screenshots; I wouldn't add grass outside, but rather somewhat scorched earth (to make it feel more fitting to the theme, unless you're trying to make it more like a secret facility which hasn't been discovered yet but I doubt that as there's an old building on top of it).

I know lava is a tempting material to add as it's dangerous and a quick and easy light source; but does it really fit the theme? Perhaps it could be retextured by some pure red texture, so it's more of a dangerous glowing liquid.

materialreset
texture lava "<mad:1/0/0>misanthropx/white.jpg"
texture 1 "<mad:1/0/0>misanthropx/white.jpg"

P.S.
Not sure if that piece of config is correct as I'm not on a pc right now.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:03:08 PM by Suicizer »

Footknight

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:33:34 AM »
Here is the .ogz. I often forget about theme details like the ones you mentioned. Thanks for the ideas though. I like to add things that simply make no sense as it adds a sort of "cartoon-like" affect to a map. Sure the lava seems unfitting but so does a massive amount of explosives hidden in the middle of a town square! It's gonna be one of those maps where you are walking around like "what the hell? This is hilarious!"
The Adventure Continues...

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:11:26 AM »
Hey man. I think I remember seeing this map a while back when you first started it. Of course your details are always great. The map looks really nice so far, I don't have much to say really except for that - you should definitely finish it!