More requests

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
More requests
« on: November 27, 2014, 04:16:37 PM »
Hi all!

Some suggestions for more ComEd features:

- make the clock visible in start menu and all loading screens (like calclight)

- make all of those loading screens responsive, so you can alt+tab out of them

- a more useful loading screen, some ideas: a 360 screenshot of the map you can look around in. Or, if you're connecting to a server, a list of all people on that server plus their stats. The name of the maker of the map.

- change the loading progress bar, so that when it reaches 100%, the mapload is fully done (right now it resets multiple times, not so helpful)

- vars to make the text particles above player's heads (name, damage done to them) better visible, another color and visible from further away

- make pickup sounds play at the same moment an item is picked up, not slightly after, which is the case now

- better intermission screen: centered big font score; extensive stats for every player

- change the color of the armor bar above teammates to the type of armor he has (so a yellow bar if he has yellow armor). The health bar is green, which would be a problem if the teammate had green armor, so change the color of the health bar to white or red

- better server browser: server preview, total amount of players online, country the server is in, server search, maybe even player search?

- right now if you kill someone or get killed, and then kill/die another time before the first kill message faded away, that first kill's message gets replaced by the latter one. Make, if there's still a kill message on the screen, the next one appear under/above the first one

- an option to the serverbrowserpreview/scoreboard to show the country a player connected from (the name/abbreviation, maybe even the flag?)

- vars to customize the presence, size, position and alpha of every single hud item (radar, health, armor), also maybe vars to hide certain hud elements in insta (like it is already done now for the ammo bar)

- hud elements that show your amount of kills, deaths, kpd, accuracy, ping etc. This seems to be implemented already (with gamehud), but how does it work exactly? Doesn't seem to be intuitive, which is a problem for newcomers

- a var to change the alpha of the hudguns

Also I'm willing to help make ComEd even more awesome :D I know Cubescript and C++ (though the latter has gotten a little bit dusty), and ofcourse testing won't be a problem for me either.

Viper

Cocoa

• +4/-0
Re: More requests
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 05:02:43 PM »
Hi Viper,

thanks for your suggestions. My first thoughts and comments on some of them:

- The distance you can see players' names from can be increased with maxparticletextdistance
- Many hud elements can be positioned via hud<object>offset_<x|y> [value]
- I think pickup sounds are triggered after a server-sided item comparison, haven't yet looked at the source, though
- A hudgun alpha option is planned, along with several other skin options
- Ammo bar colours should definitely be adapted to the armour type
- Most of the server preview features you propose are already planned and/or in the works

To support development, just stay in #sauerworld when you have time and feel like doing something for ComEd. Especially testers are mostly needed.

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
Re: More requests
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »
The distance you can see players' names from can be increased with maxparticletextdistance
Ah thanks! I fiddled around with maxparticledistance before, but since that didn't work for text particles, I thought that option wasn't available yet :) However, I still find it difficult to see player's names from a little further than close by. And especially seeing the damage you do to someone would be very useful I think (like in Quake Live), to be able to estimate more accurately how many bullets you have to pump into your enemy to see him change into a ragdoll :)

Many hud elements can be positioned via hud<object>offset_<x|y> [value]
True. But being able to change the other things I mentioned would be cool too ;)

I think pickup sounds are triggered after a server-sided item comparison, haven't yet looked at the source, though
Hm, that might be true. But the delay also happens in singleplayer, so that's weird. And, if this is the case, why not remove the wait for the acknowledgement from the server? Situations where two player think they pick up the same item at the same time are very rare.

- A hudgun alpha option is planned, along with several other skin options
- Ammo bar colours should definitely be adapted to the armour type
- Most of the server preview features you propose are already planned and/or in the works
Nice!

And I will join #sauercom if I can, interesting to see what's going on there :D