Sauerworld Forum

Textures

piernov

• +2/-0
Textures
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:41:10 PM »
Hi,
Currently most of Sauerbraten textures are low-res, dark brown and fuzzy. It would be great if someone good with graphics (meaning not me) made a texture pack with high-res/quality images and a bit more "modern" and colored. I know it takes time, and I know most players play with texreduce, I know it would take much more space. But I'm talking about something optional, something which could make screenshots, videos, etc. a lot better.

What's your point of view ?

Acuerta

Re: Textures
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 04:25:33 PM »
I think this rather belongs into "Ideas for Sauerbraten", seems like too big of a project for a custom client like ComEd.

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:44:08 PM »
From what i understand from the source now, you would have to also implement a function into the server, so that there is no conflict with modified maps... which might make it useless untill eihrul agrees (... which we all know won't happen, as it's an idea from the gaming world)

still, in my opinion, i think it's a great idea, some maps really need a remodeling.

I also think that when we are at it, one could adjust spawnpoints. Some are just placed on seemingly convenient places that don't coincide with the gameplay the map offers, whatsoever.

Quality

• +0/-0
  • Guitarthusiest :P
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:28:58 PM »
i dont understand much of textures, but cant you just take the (most used first) textures and make them brighter/more beautiful while keeping the same Name?

Fohlen

• +0/-2
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 12:09:04 PM »
There should be some option to deliver maps with multiple texture-versions (or cut them down, like on Youtube).
This is possibly also a nice feature for ComED or SauerFork  :)

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 03:05:05 PM »
The whole trak5 textureset isn't dark or brown, neither the new set of Nieb or those from EvilLair.
I think there is no problem other than you're not trying to create a map which is textured bright and colourful.
Also the lighting of a map matters a lot in appearance.

There are plenty of official maps which are bright themed; you just got to find them.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:08:36 PM by Suicizer »