mc-Lab

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
mc-Lab
« on: October 21, 2014, 02:51:20 AM »

--------Edit 5/11/2015--------

Updated the map again. The last release was at 72k WTR, 22k more than the original build. I managed to bring that down to 60k in this update by simplifying the good amount of 90-degree-bent pipes (which usually require a lot of triangles) and raising the top ceiling high enough to be able to sky-texture it. I also added some red lights to accent all the blue lighting, which I think came out looking pretty nice. Hope you enjoy this one too.

To keep things more organized and archived, I have added all lists of updates and releases of the map here on this original post. Make sure you download the latest one attached here at the bottom.

--------Edit 1/27/2015--------

I finally finished this one (and by finished I mean I restarted the whole thing from scratch). Thanks to everyone who convinced me to keep going with it, I think it came out pretty nice. Let me know what you think, if you feel it's important :). And enjoy!

Note: The map uses a custom texture set by philipk, along with a modified version of one of the textures. They can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9ofwdxbejrccce1 and http://download1502.mediafire.com/4dgheanentmg/a4011d1ooz5ewpu/pk02_sheik.zip. Remember to place them in the correct Sauer folders!

Since this is a remake, I decided to keep the original map linked here along with the new version.

--------Original post--------

I thought I would post this bad boy here for anyone to enjoy. It was a project a while back which I sort of left behind. It's done for the most part but there were some things I wanted to improve. I think posting it here will give me the motivation to keep it going.

I built it with the focus on flag running. There are some pretty nice routes if you can manage to find them. It is another one which uses custom textures, so be sure to put them in the right place.

Let me know what you think if you have any opinions, and enjoy!

--------Updates--------

Update #1 10/20/2014

-Rebuilt entire map from scratch. Rebuilt layout, new geometry, better texturing and lighting.
-Rework of the layout, including the removal of some floors of the lower level to death and new walls and rooms to tighten up the game-play a bit.
-New teleports, one directly under the flag from the lower level to the above level, and one from the left lower level of the base to the upper bridge. Removed old teleports from the back rooms and replaced them with stairwells.
-New lighting with a hint of blue and new fog also with a hint of blue to give some color to the theme.
-Some closed off rooms for visual aspect and imagination.
-New item placement layout.
-Other updates which can't be specified, since the map is completely new. Compare this update and the original version from Quadropolis for specific changes.

Update #2 5/11/2015:

-Added red lights to accentuate the blue light theme.
-Raised the uppermost ceilings high enough to sky-texture them, helping to reduce the WTR from 72k to 60k
-Removed overly complex pipe elbows high in triangles, also helping with the WTR.
-More interesting lab table by the yellow armour
-New (free-licensed) texture for the plasma walls.
-Some other small changes to geometry, textures, item placement, etc.

NOTE: The latest version of the map is "mc-lab_update2.zip" below.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:21:30 AM by Fatality »

Footknight

• +0/-0
Re: mc-Lab
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »
Looks very cool! If I wasn't about to go to bed (its 5am) I'd d/l it and take a look :P
The Adventure Continues...

Fatality

• +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »
Finally updated this map to people's requests. I decided to go back to the idea I had originally with the map, to have parts of the floor open to death. I also added many more walls and cover, a new route, and many other changes. Hopefully it plays a little better now. It's attached to the original post here

rabe

• +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 09:27:21 AM »
I like this a lot. The theme is just looking awesome.

Just a few things, that could be changed:
- the diagonal jumppads got a texture fail (I got all texture sets installed)
- the table next to the yellow armour is ugly
- some of the shapes (ceiling and floor) could be "more round" (you can see one on the screenshot, down on the floor)
- the sounds are too loud

Greetings
rabe

Nighty

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 03:31:14 PM »
I got an texture error when i added the map.

savanha

• +3/-5
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 08:37:28 PM »
me too :/

Fatality

• +10/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 11:15:05 PM »
I like this a lot. The theme is just looking awesome.

Just a few things, that could be changed:
- the diagonal jumppads got a texture fail (I got all texture sets installed)
- the table next to the yellow armour is ugly
- some of the shapes (ceiling and floor) could be "more round" (you can see one on the screenshot, down on the floor)
- the sounds are too loud

Greetings
rabe

Thanks for the feedback :) will change these things.

I got an texture error when i added the map.
me too :/

Ah I forgot to mention this of course uses custom textures (I think in the original post I mentioned this) as well as one of them which I modified myself. Download them from http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9ofwdxbejrccce1 and http://download1502.mediafire.com/4dgheanentmg/a4011d1ooz5ewpu/pk02_sheik.zip. And of course make sure to put them in the right folder. If there are still any problems let me know

savanha

• +3/-5
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 06:10:39 PM »

Ah I forgot to mention this of course uses custom textures (I think in the original post I mentioned this) as well as one of them which I modified myself. Download them from http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9ofwdxbejrccce1 and http://download1502.mediafire.com/4dgheanentmg/a4011d1ooz5ewpu/pk02_sheik.zip. And of course make sure to put them in the right folder. If there are still any problems let me know

that fixed it , although i'm still missing the text of the upper middle jumps.
Aside from that good looking textures , although maybe a bit too spammed in some points maybe , looks like you were in a hurry to finish the map and I totally understand it . It has been an huge ammount of work you put into this map to resize it from the old version . the geometry is fine , I like it . I'm looking forward to test in game those flagruns .

Fatality

• +10/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 03:22:17 AM »
Map updated yo. Check original post