Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
Legacy
« on: February 26, 2015, 06:11:34 AM »

--------Update 5/27/2015--------

Updated the map a bit.
- Closed off the one "exit" from the map (which really just lead to death) with some pillars.
- Made the quad accessible.
- Removed large structure from middle-ish of the map and replaced it with some ruined archy structure for better openness.
- Added a ladder from the lowest level up for more opportunities when spawning down there.
- New lighting (sunlight, skylight, and ambient lighting).
- Some item re-arrangement.
- Some geometry re-works.
- More texture blending.
- More playerstarts.

--------Original Post--------

A small effic duel map.

There's not much to say about this one beside the fact that I dropped all "rules" and standards for Sauer maps and created something completely out of my imagination. I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Hope you enjoy!

Note: The latest version of the map is "legacy_update1.zip" below.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:30:05 AM by Fatality »

frosty

Re: Legacy
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 09:57:47 AM »
please dont take anything i say the wrong way, but this currently is not one of your best works...

the good thing is the layout itself is quite playable, i can't make a judgement beyond that since i haven't played it but from my first impression it looks like you did a solid job

my issues:

- it's hard to differentiate between the outside and the inside of the map (the side with the open wall with the staircases and the pillars with trees on them

- theres no contrast with the textures, it's all the same gray color and they just dont seem to fit well with each other, though i like the theme you were aiming for

- is there any lighting at all on this map at all?only two light ents and light from the sky? i think by adding more lights even if its not natural it would improve the overall contrast. also the tree shadows look a bit blotchy and to me hurt the maps visual appeal

- nice quad positioning you fucking troll  ;D

- the few curvy-edged box could be clipped, also i think you should remove the clip from the "honeycomb/hexagon"? platforms (or whatever they're called) because it can block a grenade jump and you hit your head

anyways there are some nitpick things as well but i think this is good enough criticism for now...

To summarize: The idea is really good, but the execution was poor.

swatllama

• +9/-4
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:37:55 PM »
As I told you after our duel, I actually liked this map. Like frosty said, the layout's playable (I'd  go as far as to call it very good.)

The theme you were going for is very nice too. I think it'd not poorly done, but if you can improve it, do it.

Nice quad positioning you fucking troll.

Fatality

• +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 12:01:57 AM »

The Frostman doesn't like the warm map...sad.

In all seriousness though, why is everyone complaining about the death? If you can't figure out after doing it once that you can't go out there, then there is something wrong

frosty

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 03:06:45 AM »
i realize that part of my criticism might come from my low quality settings, but i do have some valid points

Fatality

• +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 05:30:43 AM »

Map updated

swatllama

• +9/-4
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 09:36:49 PM »
I don't know if you were trying to follow my suggestion about going for the Incan ruins theme, but you did it beautifully. The lighting is awesome, the architecture looks like what I wanted you to go for. Great job.