KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
RMC: Karith Station 2
« on: March 28, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »
Download:

ORIGINAL:

REMAKE:

Include a description: I always had fun playing tremulous when I was in school. Although its been 5 years or so since I've really played Tremulous, I knew that when I saw the remake challenge I should try and re create an old favorite of mine. Sauerbraten is based off of Quake and Tremulous is based off of Quake so maybe the transition will work well. It could also be a complete failure. Who knows at this point? I wont have much time to work and Karith is a large map so I may never finish. This isnt the first remake Ive done (I did a tribute map of Tartech ((Novus Terra)) that a lot of people loved). Never really been in a mapping comp. The first one that Redon and I attempted we never finished. So... We will see. I am excited. Not sure I have any followers like I used to but I hope some people keep up with this.

Game Mode(s): CTF (Original game is a base seige strategy game so I think CTF will be main focus)

Theme: Industrial/Scifi (Again original game took place around an alien attack so Scifi will be its strongest suite)

Amount of players: Probably like... 24ish?

License: Attribution 4.0 CC BY

Original game: http://www.tremulous.net/

Original map: http://www.godmil.f2s.com/projects.html

Original author(s): Godmil http://www.godmil.f2s.com/index.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:30:39 PM by KI113R »

Nooby

• +0/-0
    • Noobys
Re: RMC: Karith Station 2
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 06:03:00 AM »
"Creative Commons" is not a license, it's an organisation. Please give https://creativecommons.org/choose/ a shot.
Check out Inexor, read our interview and start contributing your ideas. Note: This is just the beginning =)

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »
REMAKE (so far):

ORIGINAL:

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:40:23 PM »
Nice progress so far :)

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 08:48:23 PM »
I finished the entire layout today (BIG ASS MAP) I am tired. I also finished the main area that I had posted earlier. Yay!

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 01:23:33 AM »
For those of you who havent played Tremulous before;

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »
I added a download link for a preview of the layout, if anyone is interested in giving it a try.

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 09:55:04 PM »
MOAR PICTURES!!! I also uploaded an updated version of it so you can give it a walk through if you'd like. Total invested time so far is probably 20 hours. Hopefully next weekend I will have all the lights, textures and details done. Then it will be tweaking from there.

Original:

Remake:

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 03:28:50 AM »

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 05:20:06 PM »
Looks pretty splendid seen from the screenshots so far.
The lighting might be a bit brighter as it appears to be really, really dark but that's not a tough job often.
I'm glad you're managing to make spare time to map; so far I only had just half an hour to actually build something  :-\.

Anyway, nice to see the progress!

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 01:52:24 AM »
The lighting of the original map is actually pretty dark itself. Especially in the room posted most recently. I think that is because there isnt very much detail in tremulous maps. Also, Tremulous seems to have a very different lighting system. It appears to be very "spot light" oriented. Which IMO Sauer is not very well capable of. Im finiding it really hard to hide areas in darkness much like Tremulous does and yet still manage to provide light to the impotant areas. So as a result I have a mixture of both.

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 09:52:59 PM »
Another decent sized update. This map is huge, I hope I get done in time.

Original:

Remake:

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 01:40:21 PM »
I finished another corridor last night. Small update. Should Have another big update tomorrow. I notice that only a couple of us are updating regularly. That makes me sad :( I was hoping I would have more to keep up on and more competition. I hope at least that my updates are keeping everyone happy. If you've downloaded the map and given it a run through, let me know what you think. Feed back is my best friend.

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 05:00:52 PM »
I try to update as much as possible and last time that occurs nearly each week.
However; I don't add a post in my entry; I rather modify the first post (which won't be shown as unread or updated topic as far as I know). On the other hand; there's nothing to see yet...

It has always been that a small group of participants make it to the very end while about half of all gives up before that. Don't get demotivated as some people start mapping rapidly the last weeks of the challenge.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:43:43 PM by Suicizer »

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 09:50:53 PM »
GAH!!! I have not gotten as much done as I wanted in these last days. I am going to have to work as hard as I can these last 2 days to finish. Only a couple corridors left!

Original:

Remake: