Sauerworld Forum

Application hang

Oreoman89

• +0/-0
Application hang
« on: April 08, 2019, 10:50:00 PM »
Hello Sauerworld community!

I'm having the same issue with Sauerbraten and i don't know what else i can try.
The game hangs up and i have to force close it via task manager. The event viewer tells me it's an application hang with ID 1002. I reinstalled the game, reinstalled all kinds of drivers of my system, port-forwarded the neccessary ports, made an expection in the Windows Firewall and also ran as admin.  I tried everything i can do or at least i know of.

The game hangs at once specific spot: When the next map gets loaded and the new match is starting. This can happend right after loading just one new map, or like 4 maps later. I don't know if that has something to do with the server i'm always on, but at that time the game freezes, it says "recording demo" in the console. The server message mentions you can view recorded demos and such.

Does that has something to do with the freezes or what else could it be?

My system:
AMD Ryzen 3  2200G
8 GB RAM with 2GB for VRAM allocated
Crucial MX500 250GB M.2
Win 10 Home Build 1809

Thanks in advance.

benzomatic

• +0/-0
Re: Application hang
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 11:30:05 PM »
Hi there,

i don't exactly know what would be causing your client to hang, especially if you use the latest drivers.
There there was an issue that would cause a client to repeatedly crash in spectator mode on computers with GTX10xx cards, putting 'oqwait 0' into the autoexec would help with that.
I see you use AMD, have you tried other, modded clients? Vanilla Sauer currently still uses SDL1, and i would recommend you to try a client mod, possibly with another SDL version. A list of good clients can be found here:
http://www.sauerworld.org/clients/

If you need help installing these clients, or if the issue persists, you can join the Sauerworld discord support channel, where there are possibly some people who could help you, and at a faster rate than here at this forum. You can find the invite link in the main menu on sauerworld.org

Oreoman89

• +0/-0
Re: Application hang
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 11:19:55 PM »
Hi there!

Thanks for your advice. I really got so frustrated since this is such a good game and i couldn't figure out what was wrong with my system. Now i'm ready to give this game another chance. I'll do a clean reinstall and i'll try one of these clients.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:24:08 PM by Oreoman89 »