TristamK 's Lair. UPDATE v1.6

TristamK

• +3/-0
    • Cube 2 Engine News Group
TristamK 's Lair. UPDATE v1.6
« on: July 28, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »
LINK v1.6 -> https://yadi.sk/d/yn5tlz6meG1goA <- LATEST VERSION OF MAPPACK

UPDATE 1

This post is necessary for several reasons.

Firstly, we need to somehow update the forum by creating new posts
Secondly, creating a new topic for each new race map (when the number of maps can pass for 30) it would be somewhat impractical.

Than i will present mappack.
At this moment this mappack have only my Race maps or map where i participaing in the creation somehow.
For now i have 3 series of maps, 2 of which are active.
Simpe-run - currently the main series Race maps. In it, I initially experimented with gameplay on this maps, and later i added new things in the design. A special subject of my pride, is Aequanimitas map that you can see on the video. I created this map on challenge that i organized in RSMC. I can't say that this map is perfectly fit with the theme  of the Challenge but map isn't so bad as i expected.  On this subject, I plan to release it with a second or third update of pack with maps. The firstly updates will appear in my group in VK, then on RUSS clan forum and after on the SauerWorld. Although it all depends on the interest of the public.
Rerace - Race map series , where I transfer my maps from Red Eclipse to SauerBraten
CockRoah-Race - at the moment is not active even contains a very interesting maps.

UPDATE 2 - Platinum Races

Statistics on file at the time of August 27, 2016

Downloaded: 66 + 31 = 97 times
Views: 95 + 4 = 99 times

After onemonth map pack UPDATED. New 6 maps added
Added and finished a new series of mapss called PasRace. These mapss were  i found on Platinum Arts Sandbox forum a some time ago. Because I didn't want that this maps  have sunk into oblivion, I decided to move them to Sauerbraten. Some maps have undergone major improvements, and some don't. If maptitle was listed author, I added it. Fortunately, the license under which the maps were published coincided with the one that I use. If the author was not known to me, I have not pointed out. Perhaps these 6 maoss is not as beautiful as the ones that I published before, because I edited a ready-made creations, but I believe they are still interested you.

In addition, some maps from the " simple-run " has been updated (for example i added checkpoints to the techno-race-01).
The list of changes you can find in CHANGELOG.

My Cube 2 Engine News group here -> https://vk.com/red_eclipse

UPDATE 3 - Improved Races

Statistics on file at the time of September 10, 2016

Downloaded: 66+31+15 = 112 times
Views: 97+4+34 = 135 times

It took a little over a month, and my pack of maps has been updated again with new 6 maps !
In Sauerbraten at this moment there are many maps that have a fairly good idea at its maps-core. Some of them still interesting and can be playble with some fixes. I am with my new series of maps titled like "Improved Edition", try to improve the existing maps by cutting it isn't necessary parts and upgrade better parts.

In addition, the almost all previous maps updated.

UPDATE v1.5
After many hours of work the biggest update for this race maps pack is done. 46 new maps a ready to be tested by players of Sauerbraten. Some of you will go through all of them. Some of you stop at half. Some, to my deepest regret, will not pass a single one. But I’m sure that these maps will give you a lot of new emotions. In fact, most of these maps will be difficult to pass. Part of them is an experiment. Some of them are transferred from other games. And other maps better not to show people in Cube 2 at all XD. But like Cooper say “There are some true beauties in it!” so you should try some of them.
Despite the reduced quality by YouTube and some my errors in demos “Procursu” as a race movie should be pleasant to watch.
Link for maps pack is stored in the description. Just unpack them and play. Maps will be uploaded to the race servers ASAP.

UPDATE v1.6 - 126 maps is released

It happened. So long expected by many (more precisely, those 2.5 people who generally remained in this game and by some miracle did not switch to other projects), this release became true. The third and, possibly, the last cube 2 race movie is now here. At the same time, this is the BIGGEST video on my channel at the moment.

Honestly, if you calculate the total time that it took to create both the video itself and the maps for it, then the total will be more then few hundred hours, I'm sure about that. But, since I created maps for my pleasure over the years, I think we won’t take them into account, right?

But what really took a lot of time is this video. The changed YouTube algorithms have seriously reduced its quality if I rendered it in a simple HD, so I had start use tsome tricks. As a result, the total render time was about 6 hours. And I had to repeat it. Thrice! Because the video contained errors that I still needed to fix. I tried to choose the best tracks that I could only find and combine them as much as possible with footages. I can say for sure that with my current level of skills this is the best show I can give to you. Perhaps in the future, I will learn to do some things better, but with the current means available to me, I did everything I could. Yes, there are still many things in this video that I noticed a lot later, but I won’t fix them.

I won’t describe everything in detail about maps at all. Each of them has a one or twi ideas in their core, be it design or gameplay, and if I start to explain everything, then their description will take too much time, and you obviously won’t read it.

Unless I give you some interesting statistics.
In total, the older versions of this archive :
- Viewed 758 times
- Downloaded 443 times
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:16:41 PM by TristamK »
Russian news group about Cube 2 Sauerbraten in VK ->vk.com/cube_engine_news
International Sauerbraten Mapping Community

TristamK

• +3/-0
Re: TristamK 's Lair. UPDATE 1 MapPack release
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:54:50 PM »
Well. I maked post in my VK group, on the RUSS clan forum, on the SauerWorld forum, uploaded maps to the sauer-racing and quadro. I hope in enough to make it a bit more popular.

greenadiss

• +5/-1
  • Mo ho!
    • MdSauer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:03:25 PM »
I personally am not a big fan of racing maps. I tried some but failed in completing them. Your video showed them interesting even for someone like me. I like your style of mapping, it shows sauer in a pretty and unusual way which I liked very much.

There is one thing which I'd like to recommend you:
creating a new topic for each new race map (when the number of maps can pass for 30) it would be somewhat impractical
Quality is better than quantity.

Better to post less maps but make them looking good, add cool screenshots which can show how amazing the map is. So I advise you to create a new topic for each map (or a small group of maps, like 3-5), it would be more effective for their promotion. People would rather see maps preview and then download them than download a big map pack and check every map in it on their own. But it doesn't mean no one of them wouldn't want to have the whole pack, so keep this topic alive and link to it in the individual maps reviews.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:05:03 PM by greenadiss »

TristamK

• +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 08:40:01 PM »

I personally am not a big fan of racing maps. I tried some but failed in completing them. Your video showed them interesting even for someone like me. I like your style of mapping, it shows sauer in a pretty and unusual way which I liked very much.
Thanks for your feedback , greenadiss =)

There is one thing which I'd like to recommend you:
creating a new topic for each new race map (when the number of maps can pass for 30) it would be somewhat impractical
Quality is better than quantity.l

There one problem. I have already over 20 maps that need to be released after some small (or not) fixes. Some of them good enough to show them, some of them not (like 70% of maps from RErace series). I think maps that good enough for showing them will get their own topic here other will be updated with mappack (sure every map will get a good preview screens and discription)
Better to post less maps but make them looking good, add cool screenshots which can show how amazing the map is. So I advise you to create a new topic for each map (or a small group of maps, like 3-5), it would be more effective for their promotion. People would rather see maps preview and then download them than download a big map pack and check every map in it on their own. But it doesn't mean no one of them wouldn't want to have the whole pack, so keep this topic alive and link to it in the individual maps reviews.
Idea with small group of maps is good. Need to think about it more.

btw, Just few people (~10-12 ppls i think) have commented my video and maps. Sauer community looks a bit inactive in this days for me =)

TristamK

• +3/-0
Re: TristamK 's Lair. UPDATE 2 - Platinum Races
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 09:59:43 PM »
UPDATE 2 - Platinum Races

Statistics on file at the time of August 27, 2016

Downloaded: 66 + 31 = 97 times
Views: 95 + 4 = 99 times

After onemonth map pack UPDATED. New 6 maps added
Added and finished a new series of mapss called PasRace. These mapss were  i found on Platinum Arts Sandbox forum a some time ago. Because I didn't want that this maps  have sunk into oblivion, I decided to move them to Sauerbraten. Some maps have undergone major improvements, and some don't. If maptitle was listed author, I added it. Fortunately, the license under which the maps were published coincided with the one that I use. If the author was not known to me, I have not pointed out. Perhaps these 6 maoss is not as beautiful as the ones that I published before, because I edited a ready-made creations, but I believe they are still interested you.

In addition, some maps from the " simple-run " has been updated (for example i added checkpoints to the techno-race-01).

Link for this map pack you can find in main topic in my Cube 2 Engine News group here -> https://vk.com/topic-25358857_35710716

TristamK

• +3/-0
Re: TristamK 's Lair. UPDATE 3 - Improved Races. 23 maps !
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 07:57:05 PM »
LINK v1.4 -> https://yadi.sk/d/iaiDa9OxwNb2c <- LATEST VERSION OF MAPPACK

UPDATE 3 - Improved Races

Statistics on file at the time of September 10, 2016

Downloaded: 66+31+15 = 112 times
Views: 97+4+34 = 135 times

It took a little over a month, and my pack of maps has been updated again with new 6 maps !
In Sauerbraten at this moment there are many maps that have a fairly good idea at its maps-core. Some of them still interesting and can be playble with some fixes. I am with my new series of maps titled like "Improved Edition", try to improve the existing maps by cutting it isn't necessary parts and upgrade better parts.

In addition, the almost all previous maps updated.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:15:12 PM by TristamK »

TristamK

• +3/-0
Re: TristamK 's Lair. UPDATE 3 - Improved Races. 23 maps !
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 10:28:13 PM »
I hope in early January I can do a little "New Year gift" to all here...

TristamK

• +3/-0
Re: TristamK 's Lair. UPDATE v1.5
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Hah. Well. Better make updates of posts like this somewhen then never.

TristamK

• +3/-0
Re: TristamK 's Lair. UPDATE v1.6
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 04:17:03 PM »
Bump. Update 1.6