Sauerworld Forum

FFA Videos

swatllama

• +9/-4
FFA Videos
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:09:54 AM »
Some of you have already seen this, but I made an ffa video detailing some tips and tricks. I showed them on metl3. Please give suggestions for future maps to do, demos for them, and how I can explain shit better.
Thanks to Drakas for suggestions while making this one.

I also did a play-through of corruption with Lokio, but the audio quality and everything besides the explanation is so bad, I don't want to link it. I'd be surprised if anyone can get through half of it with all the audio issues. But, if you can manage even that, it could be helpful! Maybe!

Basic Tips

metl3: 
(swatllama v Drakas, Honzik1 v Drakas)

metl2:
(Honzik1 vs Drakas (this game ended in a tie btw), swatllama vs Nyamms)

ARMORS

HB/QUAD

HEALTH AND AMMO PICKUPS

I've updated the video, redone it (although in 1024x768 instead of on my recording screen) and split it into three videos: armor, items, and HB/Quad. I think these will be much more managable for people, since the longest video's only six minutes.

Update 4/20 TIME TO CELEBRATE MOTHERFUCKERS
These videos are targeted for this Sunday's tournament. Each one of them gives general tips on the maps covered. I hope that after watching and playing a few practice games on them, you can figure out how to apply the principles and examples I've shown to other situations.
Academy:
hades:
metl3:

Live Commentary
It's not very good. It's not like ddk. For some reason, Fraps raised the pitch of Harsh and me cause we don't really sound that eunuchy. Why the fuck is Fraps recording so dark???
 ENJOY!

> More live commentary, but this time of someone elses game!
Sozzy, I forgot to turn the gamma up for fraps recording... I've made a note for that though!

Analysis
This one is an analysis of Frosty vs Raffael on corruption.

This is an analysis of Lokio vs Frosty on tumwalk.

Here are analyses of my games in the SSL semifinals.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 01:32:39 PM by swatllama »

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
Re: FFA Videos
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:34:08 AM »
Awesome! I think it could be a little bit better, but no being a FFA player I'll leave the criticism to someone who knows more.

Can we get this in the Tips and Tricks section?

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 08:30:12 PM »
LOUDER!!!!

swatllama

• +9/-4
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 02:30:40 AM »
Eh, hope this doesn't feel rushed...
Check the topic post for a more detailed description/explanation/me being full of excuses.

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 03:54:12 PM »
Nice, learning alot! Especially all that attention to the timer is not something you learn in effic. And the sound was perfect for me :)
Also a question: what are the spawning times of quad, healthboost, armours, but also of the ammo pickups? I looked in the source and on the internet, but couldn't find it.

Redon

• +2/-1
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 06:39:59 PM »
Nice, learning alot! Especially all that attention to the timer is not something you learn in effic. And the sound was perfect for me :)
Also a question: what are the spawning times of quad, healthboost, armours, but also of the ammo pickups? I looked in the source and on the internet, but couldn't find it.

Quad: 70s
Healthboost: 60s
Yellow armour: 30s
Green armour: 20s

1-2 players: health 20s, all ammo 16s
3-4 players: health 15s, all ammo 12s
5+ players: health 10s, all ammo 8s

All times count after the item is picked up, or for the first time after map start.

You can find this information in src/fpsgame/server.cpp, or under Items and gameplay of the documentation, although the numbers on ammo there are either outdated or have always been wrong.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:42:09 PM by nyamms »

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:22:28 PM »
Ah, thanks man! Quite cool that those health/ammo spawntimes differ per playercount. Will take a look at server.cpp.

swatllama

• +9/-4
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 03:40:13 AM »
Using the information Nyamms gave here, I was able to put together a long video.

Read the original topic for more information.

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 05:27:18 AM »
This really came out awesome. You covered not only helpful stats but also some nice strategies. I think the reason people don't try FFA is that it is overwhelming like you mentioned, I like that you acknowledged that and split everything up. I really learned a lot here :) nice job

rabe

• +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 07:30:03 AM »
Very nice job, but the volume is still very low. At least for me.
Any idea, why? Any chance to fix that?

swatllama

• +9/-4
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 03:32:58 PM »
That giant video was far too long. Fourteen minutes, and no mention of the quad damage. I've rerecorded it (though on an insanely low resolution I use for playing) and I've split it into smaller segments. Not only that, I think it's probably done better than the other longer video.

I don't mention, anymore, that HB will spawn every 60 seconds, and quad every 70 seconds, since the audio alerts don't really make me worry about that, I don't even want people to know it so they don't try and worry about it.

Check the topic post for the actual links.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:45:05 AM by swatllama »

swatllama

• +9/-4
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 11:26:58 PM »
I have three new videos targeting three of the duel maps in this Sunday's tournament;
Academy:
hades:
metl3:

Check the original post for more details.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:29:48 PM by swatllama »

Terminator

• +1/-1
  • T-no FTW
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 04:04:50 PM »
Thanks for the new videos, they are really helping me out a lot!
Although, I can't make you out very well, speak up please.
Appart from that, you are doing a great job with this, I have learned a lot.  :)

swatllama

• +9/-4
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 04:27:29 PM »
Can you hear us? =)

swatllama

• +9/-4
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 05:32:21 PM »
Got another one up, more along the QuakeCon style of casting. Not that it's as good. Thanks, Lokio, Rexus, and harsh!