Sauerworld Forum

Hektik duel map

bbk

• +1/-0
Hektik duel map
« on: February 17, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »
Here is a duel map with a layout fashioned after a QuakeLive map with the same name.
This map was created by Fatum with a skybox by me.
There won't be any updates to this but we hope you enjoy it!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:48:32 PM by bbk »

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
Re: Hektik duel map
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 07:12:38 PM »
Great map! A typical Fatum creation :)

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:44:50 PM »
Instead of needing 4 custom textures; they logo could also be called from the Sauerbraten/data/ directory and specify it as a decal to a texture.

setshader "decalworld"
texture 0 "jf1/jf_rust_lg1.png"
texture d "../data/logo.png"

This could also be done by using the "texlayer" command, but that requires to know which textureslot would be necessary and such.

What's the source of that texture actually?

The zip-file contains garbage as .DS_Store and MACOSX.
It should be "hektik_readme", not the opposite.

The map looks pretty good and I have to agree Viper; it's a typical Fatum creation. However, the dimensions feel quite odd compared to it's original (in looks but also in play).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:54:33 PM by Suicizer »

bbk

• +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:03:14 PM »
Oops, sorry... v2 zip should be free of the os garbage (should have used drop zip the first time).
Thanks!

frosty

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 09:47:38 PM »
you should share the rest of them since the spank site is down

savanha

• +3/-5
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »
Many thanks for sharing these maps , if I might I'd like to request the upload of maps :  ferguson , fi , regal , fragnostic .
Again thanks , and nice skybox for Hektik , the whole map is nice .

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 09:16:56 PM »
Many thanks for sharing these maps , if I might I'd like to request the upload of maps :  ferguson , fi , regal , fragnostic .

i don't have any trouble sharing such maps, but if you aren't wanting any feedback or so (since it won't be updated anyway); then rather just upload them all as 1 map-pack instead of one by one.

bbk

• +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 10:22:29 PM »
Thanks Savanha!
The sp4nk.net website is live again. You can download the maps from the Maps page. You just need an account if you don't have one already. PM me in irc if you need me to activate your account on sp4nk.net.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:28:57 PM by bbk »

Nighty

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 03:22:54 PM »
What exactly do i need to add? there is 3 different folders labeled: base, bbk, fatum.

bbk

• +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 04:07:15 PM »
What exactly do i need to add? there is 3 different folders labeled: base, bbk, fatum.
Hi Nighty!
Follow the folder layout in the download - find your packages folder and add to that the bbk and fatum folders (unless these already exist - then just add the files in these folders to the existing folders), then find your base folder within your packages folder and add the contents of the base folder from the download (the files that start with "hektik", e.g. hektik.ogz). You can delete/disregard/ignore any files called .DS_Store. Load the map while in game by typing "/ffa hektik" (or replace ffa with another mode). Hope this makes sense.

joemaro

• +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 07:02:14 PM »
just wanted to say thanks for the map as i enjoy playing it! :)
Have a good day!