Sauerworld Forum

barracks to crypta

Fixxxer

• +1/-0
barracks to crypta
« on: June 06, 2020, 11:02:20 PM »
quake like, castle themed ffa map that has been re textured and worked on by swatllama, galaxy, firefly, fatality, akari, 7year and fixxxer
some new lights added and map models for the teleports by razgriz
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 04:35:15 PM by Fixxxer »

swatllama

• +9/-4
Re: barracks
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 11:16:42 PM »
This map plays pretty well for duel, and might be good for teamplay too. Lots of vertical gameplay. It's large, but not difficult to move around.

swatllama

• +9/-4
Re: barracks to crypta
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 11:29:48 PM »
The update includes completely redone texturing, lighting, and a few weapon placements got changed. Thanks to everyone who helped.

notas

• +0/-0
Re: barracks to crypta
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 04:29:20 AM »
i discussed this map extensively with swatllama and also in a civil and subdued conversation with firefly - but for the record:

I was initially in favor of moving GA down to where health boost is and making that area a more defensible out of control destination. However, since rockets were added near the current/original GA location, and more health and weapons were added down near HB, the GA is not so much of a detour and the downstairs has allure more than every 60 seconds.

I've played the map 4 times and I think it is a well above average FFA map that I look forward to figuring out more. I particularly like the quad room. I also like the new aesthetic a lot, I think it's pretty fresh for sauer and very much a 'crypt.'