Sauerworld Forum

Include my UI mod please

pix

• +9/-1
    • A Cube 2: Sauerbraten Knowledge Base by pix
Include my UI mod please
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:20:45 AM »
The UI mod: http://sauerworld.org/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

So apparently, it was included at some point, but not anymore (not sure why). Star said to just request it to have it included again.

I think I remember Fohlen asking me to license it to you guys (in a way compatible with something about Steam), was that the issue? If so, tell me what license you need and I'll happily provide!

Another thing: the source code files I modified for this mod are based on the vanilla client, and although I do not know if it is compatible with pisto's modifications (especially scoreboard comes to mind), I'm pretty sure it is. I should learn how to work with patches I guess... Since it is in my own interest to get this to work with the SDL2 client, I'll maybe port the changes by hand.

star

• +19/-5
Re: Include my UI mod please
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:54:54 PM »
That is exacly the reason why it isn't implemented anymore, we switched to the sdos client, because we believe in direct input and sdl2.
I will work on it as soon as possible, i really think it looks way better than the ... and lets be honest here... hideous sauerbraten style.

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
Re: Include my UI mod please
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:30:58 PM »
"You guys" is a different team from sauerworld, called sauerfork. We are working on a complete remake of sauer to continue on with the game (or something very similar to it) as eirhul has lost interest. I'm not sure what Fohlen told you, he really is more involved than me, but personally I think this GUI is awesome and would be great in the project. It would only need a commercial free license. contact Fohlen again or join #sauerfork if you want it implemented :)).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:33:07 PM by Fatality »