Sauerworld Forum

I have a problem with Sauer.

ZC

• +0/-0
I have a problem with Sauer.
« on: November 12, 2016, 09:06:20 PM »
Hi everyone.

I'm new on this forum and I'm here to ask some help.

I played Sauer a few years ago, but I changed my PC and I can't install Sauer on my new PC. I mean, I can, but I can't play : on the main menu, I can't move my mouse correctly, it does weird things and I can't fix the sensivity.

I recorded a video about it and I hope this video can help you to help me -->

Enjoy the game and have fun on Sauer.

Obstriegel

• +3/-0
Re: I have a problem with Sauer.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 01:54:01 AM »
Hi,

I have seen this problem before but not on Windows.

[Tech blabla]
What happens here in my opinion is that sauer or more precisely the SDL-Library which handles mouse/keyboard and screen input/output can't grab your mouse correctly because the game can't go to fullscreen.
So instead of using fullscreen it falls back to this windowed mode without a title bar.
It does not center the cursor like it should but instead uses the cursor position on your screen which causes the ingame cursor to go crazy.
[/Techblabla]

First of all try the opposite of what Star said (always a good idea  :D).
Press T and type /fullscreen 0 then quit the game with /quit and restart it.

For fullscreen you have multiple options:

You can try to change the resolution of your display in Windows to the resolution you want to use in sauer before you start it and then try to run it in fullscreen. Looks like 1280x720 to me if it's a regular full HD display.

Or the other way round: Your display does not like 720p and you need to change the ingame resolution to the native one (which you use in windows) to use fullscreen.

I can't reproduce your problem with the same integrated graphics card on Windows 10 but the driver version is a bit different so updating it could help too (Windows installed this one automatically here):

(yours ends with 4444 I think)

And last but not least you could try to use the Community-Edition client which runs with a more recent version of SDL. Maybe it can handle the situation better.

Kind Regards,
Obstriegel

ZC

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 08:42:21 AM »
Hi Obstriegel.

I'd really like to tell you thanks you, my problem is fixed  ;) ;D . But now, when I go on an online server, my sauer crashes, and resets all the options. My sauer has cancer lmao. And when I try with the Communauty-Edition, it makes me it (I'll put a screen)

For the fullscreen, if I cant fix it, it's not a big problem if I can play again now :) .

Have fun on Sauer :) .
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 08:55:14 AM by ZC »

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 09:15:31 AM »
you need to install the client correctly, read the install instructions in the readme or at comed.sauerworld.org

ZC

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 10:24:16 AM »
It still crashes when I join a server  :-\

Obstriegel

• +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 02:16:44 PM »
As I said, it should be possible to change the resolution in sauer to 1920x1080 and then play with /fullscreen 1
It should work and the performance is ok (I get 130-380 fps with this card depending on the map).

About your new problem:
Try loading a map locally. Click on "bot match".
Try to find "log.txt" in My Documents\My Games\Sauerbraten and post the last lines here.

ZC

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 03:50:28 PM »
I modify this message cuz I failed what I wanted to say sorry :x

frosty

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »
try turning off shaders in the gfx menu or using /shaders 0

ZC

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 05:13:24 PM »
As I said, it should be possible to change the resolution in sauer to 1920x1080 and then play with /fullscreen 1
It should work and the performance is ok (I get 130-380 fps with this card depending on the map).

About your new problem:
Try loading a map locally. Click on "bot match".
Try to find "log.txt" in My Documents\My Games\Sauerbraten and post the last lines here.

Here it is :

init: sdl
init: net
init: game
init: video
init: gl
Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (Intel)
Driver: 4.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.4444
Rendering using the OpenGL fixed-function path.
init: console
init: gl: effects
init: world
init: sound
init: cfg
init: sdos
init: mainloop
Sauerbraten Community Edition: Release v0.1
read map packages\base\dust2.ogz (0.4 seconds)
dust2 by viruz, thanks to drakker (rework), finn (a bit help) and penguins (skybox)
game mode is insta ctf
Instagib Capture The Flag: Capture the enemy flag and bring it back to your flag to score points for your team. You spawn with full rifle ammo and die instantly from one shot. There are no items.
loaded 1811 waypoints from packages\base\dust2.wpt

Timakrov_Gunn

• +2/-0
  • A living gun
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 06:59:24 AM »
Somehow I feel glad I kept my OS instead of going to Windows 10. Anyways, there is a bug report on Cube Engine Games forum about this.

http://cubeengine.com/forum.php4?action=display_thread&thread_id=1890

From the look of it, Windows 10 doesn't seem able to run Sauerbraten very well (obviously). Like what Cpt Cannon said, you can turn the shaders off or using /shaders 0, but there's also the "forceglsl" variable. Try /forceglsl 0.

As for the online issue, just in case, do make sure that nothing like a firewall is blocking Sauerbraten.

ZC

• +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »
I finally fixed the problem.

Thanks to everyone who helped me  :-* :-*

Really thanks.