Sauerworld Forum

My Suggestions

frosty

My Suggestions
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »
I've been through a lot of different clients to try out their features. However I believe in raw mouse input and the possibility of using the anti-cheat system and who knows, maybe it's the future. I don't know how difficult it is to implement some of these things but most of them I've seen from other mods so I'm sure with a little bit of collaboration that it can be done ^^. So I'll list off some of my personal requests...

- GeoIP flags with country abbreviation

- Online verification of client, and then showing if others are using the client as well on the scoreboard (Y, N)

- Built-in IRC window

- Implementation of countless mods such as model skins, UI skins, themes, fonts, hudguns and allow changes to be made without having to restart the client by using a built-in menu

- Have important game events pop-up in the middle of the screen such as the flag being taken or returned

- Built-in flag timer for servers that just aren't up to date with flag running timers

- Full demo control, (rewind, fast-forward)

- Client-side private messaging command

- Server browser that acts like the cube server lister for detailed server view

- Music player control

- Auto verify on PSL servers

Anyways that's all I could think of!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:39:49 AM by Frosty »

pix

• +9/-1
    • A Cube 2: Sauerbraten Knowledge Base by pix
Re: My Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:55:12 PM »
- Use the bottom left corner only for chat messages

Isn't that exactly what the vanilla client has always done?

- Auto verify on PSL servers

wahnfred would have to change the oo server mod to use authkeys instead of passwords, then he could request authkey on connect and it would be done automatically. pisto does this on the SDoS test servers, for example.

Cocoa

• +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »
You can use keepserver psl.sauerleague.org [1-4]0000 "user/pass" for auto-verification on oo servers if you connect via the master list.

Spectators' pings should already be shown now.

If you currently see the chat in the top left corner, uncheck "Chat" in the console settings.

Free third person spectating should already be possible via thirdperson 2, or isn't that what you mean?

frosty

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:31:34 AM »
I suppose I should have only suggested things that require a new binary ^^

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 12:01:20 AM »
You should revisit your list :D weapon accuracys for example are already implemented.

We will add some guis soon, so that one can find the features more easy. For now we just provide the binaries, unpackaged.
Maybe we should make a list of planned features somewhere :D

frosty

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:35:05 AM »
i use a super secret edition (wink wink) so i dont know which ones are added  :P

BUT, notice damage received!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:09:03 PM by frosty »