Sauerworld Forum

Crossfire port from Half-Life 1 (FFA+INSTA) (wip)

Doko

• +4/-0
Re: Crossfire port from Half-Life 1 (FFA+INSTA)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 10:49:46 PM »
Any news on this?
I would like to take a look to your map and help you in the mapping process, but seems like your client is getting a lot of troubles... Is the problem fixed...?

Kato

• +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 02:21:54 PM »
I want to finish my crossfire map, but i encounter a problem with the source code from "sauerbraten_2013_04_04_collect_edition_windows.exe", this time i want to compile from a fresh installation of cube 2 engine with no modifications to track my previous problems cited in the beginning of this post, i can compile the sauerbraten executable file (both 32&64 bit) with no errors with the last codeblocks version (17.12),

The problem come when i launch the game, i'm in the main menu but when i click on one of the menu, it's a direct exit to desktop with no error message.

Someone can try to compile a sauerbraten executable file to see if it's the official source code of the 2013_04_04 version that's where there is the problem. Now i know it's not my mod that make this bad behavior, yes i know i forgot to make this test in first since my last post to exclude problems step by step, and for information the last version of Codeblocks speed up my compilation in only 1 minutes instead of 3 minutes  8) to have executable files compiled.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:26:10 PM by Kato »

Kato

• +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 10:45:03 AM »
The mouse problem is fixed since the last windows update ( april 2018 ), see here : https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/releases, this don't fix my problem with the menus that exit in windows when clicking on it for the last version of sauerbraten.

But now i use the "sauerbraten 2013 02 03" old version  to finish my map because i can compile with success the sauerbraten.exe file with my mod or without my mod, no errors in all menus when clicking on them, the exit in windows bug don't appear, the problem is only with the last version of sauerbraten the 2013 04 04.

As i say before, with the last sauerbraten version i can compile the "sauerbraten.exe" file but when in the game all menus respond with a exit in windows, this problem happen with the default source code shipped in the setup file "sauerbraten 2013 04 04" with no change inside the source code when compiling. Maybe the recent change in the code break something.

I keep the 2013 02 03 version for the moment to finish my map, i think there is no problem of map compatibility between 2013 02 03 and 2013 04 04 version to release it, it's only for my mod that can't be released for the last sauerbraten version until i found a way to fix it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:51:57 AM by Kato »

Kato

• +1/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 12:49:34 PM »
I know i open this topic since several months now, but this map will be finished when i will have more time devoted to her, for the moment, i'm on other project for my new website, i spend a lot of time to build it from scratch with the most accuracy i can do to the crossfire original map, but i will finish it one day surely and need re-learn cube2 editing.

Kato

• +1/-0
Re: Crossfire port from Half-Life 1 (FFA+INSTA) (wip)
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2020, 01:13:07 PM »
I waiting the new official release of sauerbraten to finish this map and port my mod (if i can compile it), also i need to relearn the mapping process in this cool engine.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:17:18 PM by Kato »