Sauerworld Forum

Question on the sauercom moments of glory:year review

Harsh

• +0/-0
Question on the sauercom moments of glory:year review
« on: September 19, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »
Hey all,
I had watched the sauercom moments of glory: year review a while back, and was constantly wondering how (whoever, I believe Acuerta, but i'm not entirely sure) made sauer look like that. In the comments I did see swatllama say that Acuerta had "applied a variety of filters across all sauer textures.
– colour depth 1bit
– reduced contrast & saturation"
But I was wondering how to actually execute those commands. I also liked the way the rocket/grenade blasts looked(not sure if it was due to the contrast/saturation change, but I liked that the blasts were not too prominent). If anyone/or Acuerta himself could help me out on this that would be great! I really want to try this out  ;D
)

Acuerta

• +7/-0
Re: Question on the sauercom moments of glory:year review
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 05:09:01 PM »
Ok now I'll just put it like this - getting your sauer to look like this is not as easy as executing two or three commands ingame. Actually I had been fiddling with Sauer for countless hours before I got it to look the way I had wanted.

I used Faststone Photo Resizer in order to batch-convert a lot of texture sets (which can be found in Sauerbraten/packages) with these settings:

– colour depth 1bit
– reduced contrast & saturation
– upped gamma and lightness

I don't remember the exact values that I used for those parameters.

The rocket launcher explosion can easily be altered. Sauerbraten/packages/particles/explosion.png is the file for that.

Last but not least, I used /texreduce 12 to make the textures look smooth.

Alu

• +2/-0
Re: Question on the sauercom moments of glory:year review
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 08:08:10 PM »
looks great if we speak of a visible skin on any map this is on another level
for me is perfect :'u

there is a command that helps a little the color textures or something?