Sauerworld Forum

V-sync won't turn off

Rexus

• +1/-0
V-sync won't turn off
« on: August 03, 2015, 02:56:31 AM »
So I've had this problem for a while and although many have tried helping (Thank you!), nothing has worked as of yet.

When using the ComEd client my frame rate is stuck at 60fps. (No it's not the measurement of the Hz on my monitor, it's the actual frame rate that's stuck at 60fps). I've turned off v-sync in-game but unfortunately that doesn't help. I've tried turning it off via the sauerbraten config but couldn't find it? 0.o

I have an iMac version 10.7.5 with an ATI Radeon graphics card and can usually run the game at around 150-200fps with other clients (e.g. wahnclient) or even the standard sauerbraten client.

Any help is mega appreciated.

Quality

• +0/-0
  • Guitarthusiest :P
Re: V-sync won't turn off
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 08:24:06 AM »
Tried something like
Code: [Select]
/maxfps 1000 already?

Acuerta

• +7/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 11:22:31 AM »
Have you tried turning it off in your Catalyst Control Center like I told you last time?

(how it's done on windows, might be different for mac trash)

Rexus

• +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 11:47:59 PM »
Catalyst Control Centre is a feature that belongs only to Windows. A simple google search didn't help me find anything that existed for my Mac. But it did help me find something similar which sadly only worked partially, it was Quarts Debug, a developer programme that allowed me to temporarily turn of v-sync until I closed the programme. (My fps went up to about 90-150 but never any more and I had frame rate drops).

As for /maxfps 1000. I've done that already. On other clients I have my fps at 200 and even assuming the setting was defaulted when switching clients I tried again with ComEd on and it didn't work.

Help is still appreciated. Although it may not be a solution, it can lead to one :)

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 09:39:15 AM »
So i did a little bit of research and it might be indeed a programming issue. I won't go into details, because I don't understand them. I will mention it in our discussion forum, so the mac guys can have a look at it.

Given that you are the only one reporting this issue at the moment, you might want to try updating your OSX (10.7 is from 2011). If you don't want do do this, i can still extract the gameclock code for you.

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 09:48:51 AM »
it has also been reported that a 'perf' setting can fix this issue. And in the same sentece it was mentioned, that this can fuckup your system... anyway, there is a safe point and click version and this programm should help you to disable vsync:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/17002/pref-setter