Sauerworld Forum

sauerowalk - by rabe (2015) - [orig. map aerowalk for quake by preacher/hubster]

rabe

• +1/-0

Quote from: sauerowalk_readme.txt
sauerowalk by rabe (2015) - [original map aerowalk for quake by preacher/hubster]

installation:
- copy the content of the base folder in this zip to the base folder in your user directory
- install the e6-texturepack (http://quadropolis.us/node/2778, version: 25th Sept. 2012)
- install the e7-texturepack (http://quadropolis.us/node/2790, version: 23th Sept. 2012)

credits:
- preacher and hubster for the map
- evillair for the textures
- all mappers and players, who gave me feedback

- pm rabe at quadropolis.us or sauerworld.net
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:22:58 AM by rabe »

rabe

• +1/-0
Re: sAuerowalk - by rabe (still work in progress)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 02:47:43 PM »
Going for the original waste textures by lunaran now. (License should be ok, credits will be given.)

rabe

• +1/-0
bump!

stable version is there (see first post). already started before the remake mapping contest was announced. i won't be able to participate anyways at the end of march.

Suicizer

• +6/-5
bump!

stable version is there (see first post). already started before the remake mapping contest was announced. i won't be able to participate anyways at the end of march.

You certainly can, but with another map.

rabe

• +1/-0
bump!

No I can't. I won't be online. Good luck everyone with mapping for the contest ...

Btw, Suicizer, got any nerve and time to convert some more of lunaran's texture sets? With shaders and all?

Suicizer

• +6/-5
bump!

No I can't. I won't be online. Good luck everyone with mapping for the contest ...

Btw, Suicizer, got any nerve and time to convert some more of lunaran's texture sets? With shaders and all?

Perhaps I can certainly try, although not all shaders of Quake 3 can be imitated (like the resizing-shader on jumppads). PM me which pack and I''ll give it a go.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:48:00 PM by Suicizer »

rabe

• +1/-0
Updated! Fixed some texture fails, added some more height to the rooms, added sounds, fog, sunlight. Have fun with it.

savanha

• +3/-5
Very clean map , so far the best remake attempt I've seen : the proportions are just perfect for my taste . That's what the other attempt were missing mainly .
Walking around I was caught into a teleport against my will performing a specific jump , now that's not a huge issue but maybe you could fix it by adding a smaller depth to the teleport ( push them a bit into the wall ) , also to differentiate the teleports could help the beginners to comprehend easily and faster the map ( perhaps use some borderlines with different colours , same for both teleport and teledest ) .
The window above the jumppad it's large enough to pass through it yet is clipped , I would change that . Also the jumppad could have more than just one jumppad entity , I failed at taking it properly few times , now that might be just me beign nooby , but still could be frustrating to miss it for everyone . I think the map could have a quad .
Aside for these small issues I really like it and hope to see it finished , good luck 'n good job so far ( as always ).

rabe

• +1/-0
Very clean map , so far the best remake attempt I've seen : the proportions are just perfect for my taste . That's what the other attempt were missing mainly .
Walking around I was caught into a teleport against my will performing a specific jump , now that's not a huge issue but maybe you could fix it by adding a smaller depth to the teleport ( push them a bit into the wall ) , also to differentiate the teleports could help the beginners to comprehend easily and faster the map ( perhaps use some borderlines with different colours , same for both teleport and teledest ) .
The window above the jumppad it's large enough to pass through it yet is clipped , I would change that . Also the jumppad could have more than just one jumppad entity , I failed at taking it properly few times , now that might be just me beign nooby , but still could be frustrating to miss it for everyone . I think the map could have a quad .
Aside for these small issues I really like it and hope to see it finished , good luck 'n good job so far ( as always ).

Thamks, savanha!

I am working on some of the points you made at the moment. Update will come soon:

- I fixed the teleport. You mean the jump between the healthboost and the platform that leads to the jumppad, right?
- I added some more jumppad entities, so you cannot land behind the jumppad anymore.

- Adding colour to the different teleports will make it look too disco-like, i guess. I think orientation is quite easy, as most of the teleports simply work like elevators and spit you out in the same area, just a level higher.

- I am not sure about adding the quad, though. Where yould I put it? Maybe up there, where the rofles are now and move the rifles down one floor? Maybe I will give that a try.

- I will get rid of some of the lamps in the floor and will just leave them underneath the armours, quad and healthboost. It's not very consistent now, as some weapons are lit, others not.

Greetings,
rabe

rabe

• +1/-0
Retexturing (see attached screens) and rethinking item placement. Update soon.

Suicizer

• +6/-5

Interesting choice by taking the e7 textures.

rabe

• +1/-0

e6 and e7 to be precise. Never found a use for the e6 texture set. Felt too scaled down, somehow too small for sauer, but in combination with e7 it seems to work.

Suicizer

• +6/-5

e6 and e7 to be precise. Never found a use for the e6 texture set. Felt too scaled down, somehow too small for sauer, but in combination with e7 it seems to work.

Nice, although I'm planning to redo the normal- and heightmapped textures so they look less plastic or like grid (like for the e8 textureset; not uploaded yet).

rabe

• +1/-0
a little update on work in progress. will probably upload the map tomorrow, still needs some clipping, screenshot and a config cleanup.

recent changes so far, check attached screenshots:
1. made the grenade place wider, felt too cramped.
2. added a little ledge above the grenades, so the teleport won't spit you out in the air.
3. added another bar to that window, savanha mentioned.
4. retextured the whole map.
5. reworked item placement to make it more sauerish.

rabe

• +1/-0
Ok, I managed to update this.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:26:01 AM by rabe »