Sauerworld Forum

Automatic Client Demo

pix

• +9/-1
    • A Cube 2: Sauerbraten Knowledge Base by pix
Automatic Client Demo
« on: October 20, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »
So, client demo was kind of possible in comed, but was buggy. If it works well one day, what I'd like to have is this: Every game is recorded. When during the game, at any point, you use /keepdemo, it will keep the demo after intermission, if not, it will just delete the file that was created.

Would be very nice to have I think!

Cocoa

• +4/-0
Re: Automatic Client Demo
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 10:37:22 AM »
I don't know about any still existing bugs concerning client demos in ComEd, but the idea of only saving demos a user actually wants to keep has been added to our ToDo list.

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 05:25:42 PM »
we like to implement it in a different way though. it's almost the same as you suggested but instead of a command /keepdemo, we will display a window asking for three options to the question keep demo?: [ yes ] [ no ] [ never ]

[never will turn autodemo off until it's enabled again.

i think this way the gameflow won't get disturbed. we just have to figure out the perfect time (before/after intermission) to popup the question.

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
Just added a gui that shows up when /cdemoauto 1 and after the game ended in a natural way (not /quit for example, but mapchange /disconnect). The gui asks you if you would like to keep the demo of the previous recorded match. Choosing yes, will keep it, choosing no will erase the file. (not tested on osx and windows).
You can look forwards to recording client demos in the up-comming 0.1 release ( don't ask when ).

btw, it seems that cdemoauto was never broken.