Sauerworld Forum

RMC: Karith Station 2

Doko

• +4/-0
Re: RMC: Karith Station 2
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 07:26:54 PM »
Is this map completed? it still has some parts with no textures. I was waiting to see other maps finished, but suicizer's maps seems to be just a half of the map... And both were looking very good! Maybe im doing something wrong?  :o

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2015, 10:18:05 PM »

I would love to vote on this monster, but I think you should really polish up what you have at least and upload it. You put soooo much work into it already, I would really hate to see it go to waste

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 04:56:40 AM »
     You have to vote on what I have done currently. Those are the rules. Sorry. After voting is done I will take the feedback and start working on finishing it.

Thank you.

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 11:56:57 AM »
Let's take a peek on this map once again.

The map isn't finished, but that can't be really blamed. It's such a huge size of map that finishing 1 particular room would make only that room roughly done; but that means you still can't play it (while there is an indication now how it should be played).
On the other hand; the use of several textures which have a different quality isn't coming out great if you ask me.
For example; the 4_met01 texture of rorschach doesn't feel right next to the wall02e of trak5.

Details like the grate which has been used frequently is quite a bad cluster of detail compared to the rest of the map (and also a seriously thread on the performance). 1 grate contains 6k of wtr(!), while it could also be a model with an alpha-channelled texture instead.
The same applies on the stairway outside the building, although that can't be just fixed by replacing it by a mapmodel. Perhaps less ribs on each stair would reduce the amount of wtr while still looking good.

The atmosphere is still rough but pretty good. It's 1 of the stronger points of the map.

The flow feels good; there's enough space to navigate. Although that's a weak point of the map also as it takes ages to reach the other base. So this probably won't be a great insta- or effic-ctf map due not being able to regain health after being injured.
Perhaps it would have been better if the map was 1,5 times smaller (especially in the length of it's hallways) to fit the physics of Sauerbraten more.

I would rate this map 4/10 so far.

P.S.
I don't know how or why, but there is some z-fighting on trimmings and lamps on the walls when moving around. Very weird bug.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:11:58 PM by Suicizer »

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 04:35:56 PM »
Thanks Suicizer. I agree, that is all stuff I have to work on.

6k in one grate!!!! Sheesh. Didn't really pay attention to that. Thats the kind of stuff I fix before release after the map is technically finished. But the time... You know.

Anyways, I look forward to more reviews.

Thanks.

Kv

• +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2015, 07:18:33 PM »
Texturing is good in some places while it is rather plane in others (line the outside areas). Lighting is not very good, most places are dominated by ambient light which makes them look grey and dull, but only the half-finished parts suffer this. However the finished parts are built quite well and in these parts the map has a nice feel to it and good lighting.
Of all the unfinished maps in RMC, this is the most finished, thus my final verdicts is 7/10.

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2015, 05:18:16 AM »
This is great. I dont feel very comfortable voting unfinished maps, but i can say, for the finished part, that this could be easly one of the best. In some parts, the details are great, in other, it looks like its not enough. Some textures also dont fit too well...

6/10

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:45:59 AM by Doko »

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »
The map so far is great. The details are nice, the lighting is great, the texturing is pretty nice. I can't think of much in terms of feedback, it looks like you have it pretty much under control, I would just say keep doing what you are doing and it will come out amazing. There are a few things I guess I could comment on: 1. A lot of the lighting looks too white, maybe give it some yellowish tint to make it look nicer. 2. The terrain outside could use some different texture on the top surface to give it some character, or maybe a larger texture, or even some blend-paint so it doesn't look so repetitive. 3. More details! :). I also would like to give you credit for sheer effort alone. GJ man.

I say 8/10 for what you have finished so far.

EDIT: Could you maybe move all the images but one to imgur or something? They take forever to load here every time I check this post. Would be great :)