Sauerworld Forum

Voting process/system

Doko

• +4/-0
Voting process/system
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:08:53 AM »
I dont think this voting method is working. There are just 3 votes in total. I also can just rate a map using my vote for my convenience to win (I can vote 7 to albatross to win [I also want to vote 7 to albatross, and for concrete reasons]) if i dont vote, its a tie (Unless albatross wasn't finished in time [He gets a penalty]) winning a contest with one or two votes would be lame.
I ask something and no one answers, so i cant vote properly anyways.
And how many maps are finished?

Maybe you should make it a public votation in the main page. In my opinion, this method clearly failed, what do you think?

Suicizer

• +6/-5
Re: Voting process/system
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »
It doesn't seems to matter to make the public vote as the participants don't even pay attention to other participants (while I've emailed or send a private message to them to do so).
This probably occurred due not being informed enough that there would be such an event after the challenge (don't blame me for that; my companion left that part out at the announcement).
Perhaps also due the extension of the building time; the attention was drifting away.
Anyway, just vote and inform other participants if you see them. If that didn't help after the event ended, then I'll post it to the public (although you can acces it without any permission).

Edit:
Who says I'm not voting for any other map any more?
It's the meaning you actually give a rating to all participants.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:22:05 PM by Suicizer »

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:57:36 PM »
It doesn't seems to matter to make the public vote as the participants don't even pay attention to other participants (while I've emailed or send a private message to them to do so).
This probably occurred due not being informed enough that there would be such an event after the challenge (don't blame me for that; my companion left that part out at the announcement).
Perhaps also due the extension of the building time; the attention was drifting away.
Anyway, just vote and inform other participants if you see them. If that didn't help after the event ended, then I'll post it to the public (although you can acces it without any permission).

Edit:
Who says I'm not voting for any other map any more?
It's the meaning you actually give a rating to all participants.

I agree with you. A system can't work if people don't do something to make it work. Ill try to talk with other participants.

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 10:00:32 PM »

I agree, a public vote should be put in place. The point of creating a map is to appeal to everyone, and more specifically the people who will end up playing it, not just other mappers. It would be best in my opinion if a public post was made on the front blog to ask everyone from the community to vote (of course I cannot make this post as my privileges have been taken away, rightfully so.)

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 12:28:33 AM »

I agree, a public vote should be put in place. The point of creating a map is to appeal to everyone, and more specifically the people who will end up playing it, not just other mappers. It would be best in my opinion if a public post was made on the front blog to ask everyone from the community to vote (of course I cannot make this post as my privileges have been taken away, rightfully so.)

It eventually is the intention to let everyone play it.
However, it is not the intention to get rated on popularity as participants advertise their map to the public to get more and higher votes. That's why only participants should have the right to vote, as everyone has worked hard on their map which results in knowing what it took to get such result.
Those who disagree should have participated in the first place.

P.S.
I've simplified the rules of voting between those of the original page (unpublished); there you had to upload your map before your vote even would count. Now you could have signed up just to participate in voting (like in your case Fatality ;)).
Edited the date for when votes are still valid (28 June 2015 now, like when the period ends).

P.P.S.
Anyone can download and play the maps, so what's the trouble about that?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:53:35 AM by Suicizer »