Sauerworld Forum

Superfluous rifle icon

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
Superfluous rifle icon
« on: December 20, 2014, 11:34:54 AM »
Hi all!

When you are in any of the insta modes, only those modes, and you switch to chainsaw, this is what you see:

Is that supposed to be there? Seems unnecessary.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:45:57 PM by Viper »

star

• +19/-5
Re: Superfluous rifle icon
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 11:07:05 AM »
When I switch to chainsaw everything seems fine ( see screen in the attachments )
I'm not quite sure why this happens with your version. Can you check if you modified your weapon icons?
You can also try to redownload the comed nightlies and update the icons from pix's hud.

oh, and can you also post your settings related to the hudicons? (I can't lookup which ones, at this moment, but i'm sure you'll find them)
the ammonumber seems to be missing, maybe this is a hint where it's going wrong.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:10:15 AM by star »

Rastavi

• +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 08:24:12 AM »
I did not modify my weapon icons, AFAIK. I just downloaded Sauerbraten freshly, installed it, then downloaded comed 0.1 freshly and installed it, without any modifications after that.

My settings regarding hudicons:
 - /hudammoicon 0
 - changed the position of armour and health icons (but that shouldn't give problems I think)

However I did install the opensource WahnClient a few days ago in the same sauer directory comed is installed in. Now that I think about it, that may have been a stupid decision  :-\  I'll try downloading/installing sauer + comed nightly again, see if that helps.

Rastavi

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:05:16 AM »
So I reinstalled sauer + comed (also deleted the entire config folder), but the icon is still there.

greenadiss

• +5/-1
  • Mo ho!
    • MdSauer
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 04:26:59 PM »
- changed the position of armour and health icons (but that shouldn't give problems I think)
Obviously your rifle stays on the wrong place if you say changed only positions of armour and health.

Default it's [armour] [health] [weapons]
since you changed, it should be [health] [armour] [weapons]
but you have [armour] [weapons] [health]

BUT since weapons have bigger space than health, it just didn't fit and had broke the general view.

Forgot to say. I have no idea if space is important but on your screen everything is not like you said anyway.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:35:04 PM by greenadiss »

Rastavi

• +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »
I'm not sure if I understand what you say, but my point is that that rifle icon should not be there at all. I have set /hudammoicon to 0, which means I should never see any weapon icon down there, only in the ammo bar. So, whatever the position of the icons is, the hud should show health and armour, and in insta only health.