Sauerworld Forum

Features for ComEd

Quality

• +0/-0
  • Guitarthusiest :P
Features for ComEd
« on: September 08, 2014, 02:03:59 PM »
Here is my personal Feature list for ComEd, with stuff i really Need/like to have in ComEd to get me playing ComEd:

-Colors: the current Sauerbraten Colors have a really washen out look, i dont like them. make the Colors more beautiful by changing the rgb numbers (less work) or making new Colors. do it like e.g. green 0, 255, 0; blue 0, 0, 255; yellow 255, 255, 0; red 255, 0, 0;... i use Colors like this, and it just is so much better (as i think)
-HUDs: i have a lot ideas for huds, no Need to implement all, but here are the ones i like most: a STATS HUD that Shows the Players current stats, such as frags, deaths, ping(go red when to high), kpd, acc and the amout of frags i will probably have at the end of the game. a BEST PLAYER hud, that Show the best Player. you could also let the Player choose what Award he is aiming for, such as kills, acc, (deaths?,) flags, etc. another hud could Show if your Team is winning and also the scores, also you could maybe see what Player is Holding a/which flag.
-PLAYERNAME: like in supersauer, where you can see the Name of the (teammate)Player you Point at, you can also do this for every Player ... dont know if this would be cheaty ...
-Autorespawn (not so important)
-brighter flag/playermodel Skins (i prefer the blue and red snoutskins from ogros.org and the red and blue flag Skins on sauercom)
-maybe possibility to Change Skin Colors ingame, as yellow Skins are bad for playing on e.g. mbt1 or other bright/sandy maps. (quite nice, but not so important)
-you could also give the Option to automatically Switch the model Color per map, so the Player dont has to care and always gets the best Option.. (not so important)
-gimme some GUIs!
-as in FanEd Color the rifle trails so you see if your enemy or teammate shot countet as cheat by various persons (not only on sauerworld Forums)
-let me be able to hide dead Players from the Radar obviously not wanted :P
-more funcional serverbrowser like the crapmod or the serverbrowser from supersauer with search and other useful stuff (also like wc)
-cut clantags from autosorry/autonp Messages (e.g. just make a Little Brainstorming about existing clantags and then just make a small database .. it shouldnt be to complicated.. you could also use this for starting clanwars/detectings clanwars when you spectate and stuff like this. also you could search the Servers for Clans)
-autosorry

new ideas:

-Music Player that is able to Play my personal Music, which is usually stored under user/Music/. its unlike the other Music Players for Sauerbraten out there, because i dont Need to copy my Music to a certain Folder in Sauerbraten, but have it my normal Folder and Sauerbraten finds it and Plays it.

will update this ..
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:38:11 PM by Quality »

Cocoa

• +4/-0
Re: Features for ComEd
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:51:24 PM »
Just my thoughts on some of your points that are, as I think, most important:

• colored teammate/enemy shots:
    In my opinion kind of cheating since it enables you to react more quickly on enemies you can't see, e.g. you don't care if a teammate standing behind you fires a rifle shot close to your model although any other player would immediately turn around. I think that's debatable, though.
  • Auto-sorry:
    No, that's not implemented at the moment. Anyway, the clantag removal would require some kind of database that's always up-to-date, or otherwise user-specific settings.
    Personally, I don't like auto-sorry scripts so much since they have the same effect as not writing anything at all, but that's, of course, a matter of taste and not what we're actually talking about here...
  • Show player names on the HUD on mouseover:
    I like that idea and have already thought about doing that myself, too. There shouldn't be a problem with it concerning fairness, especially not if there is maybe a small delay, showing the name after about 0.15 seconds. Debatable as well.

Quality

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »
Show player names on the HUD on mouseover:
I like that idea and have already thought about doing that myself, too. There shouldn't be a problem with it concerning fairness, especially not if there is maybe a small delay, showing the name after about 0.15 seconds. Debatable as well.

this is really not too hard. here is how supersauer Team did it (only five additional lines..):
Code: [Select]
    VAR(logo, 0, 1, 1);  // <-
    int selectcrosshair(float &r, float &g, float &b, int &w, int &h)
    {
        fpsent *d = hudplayer();
dynent *o2 = intersectclosest(d->o, worldpos, d, intersectdist); // <-
        if(d->state==CS_SPECTATOR || d->state==CS_DEAD) return -1;

if(d->state!=CS_ALIVE) return 0;

int crosshair = 0;
        if(lasthit && lastmillis - lasthit < hitcrosshair) crosshair = 2;
        else if(teamcrosshair)
        {
    int ht,hw; // <-
            dynent *o = intersectclosest(d->o, worldpos, d);
            if(o && o->type==ENT_PLAYER && isteam(((fpsent *)o)->team, d->team))
            {
                crosshair = 1;
                r = g = 0;
defformatstring(text)("%s",((fpsent *)o2)->name); // <-
text_bounds(text,hw,ht);  // <-   
if(logo) draw_text(text, w/2 - (hw/2), (h*0.9) -ht, !isteam(((fpsent*)o2)->team, d->team)? 255 : 0 , 0);  // <-
            }
        }

if(crosshair!=1 && !editmode && !m_insta)
        {
            if(d->health<=25) { r = 1.0f; g = b = 0; }
            else if(d->health<=50) { r = 1.0f; g = 0.5f; b = 0; }
        }
        if(d->gunwait) { r *= 0.5f; g *= 0.5f; b *= 0.5f; }
        return crosshair;
    }
but this would only Show the teammates' names. concerning Fairness, the delay would be a really good idea. i use this to see which Player has my flag. it could be a Little unfair though, as i would be more careful if i fought one really good Player than a n00b..

Acuerta

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 04:06:11 PM »
I guess that's the kind of "unfair" that we square with our conscience :)

greenadiss

• +5/-1
  • Mo ho!
    • MdSauer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:13:12 PM »
-let me be able to hide dead Players from the Radar
This is useless in team modes since it always helps to detect the place where your teammate died, so you know where the enemy is.

-as in FanEd Color the rifle trails so you see if your enemy or teammate shot (is this "cheat"?)
Yeah, it's a cheat. To see just colored rifle trail for everyone is one thing but to be able to detect who stays behind you - an enemy or your teammate - another thing. Cocoa mentioned it already.

Auto-sorry:
I personally don't like auto-sorry thing. There could be noobs who kill you on purpose. I'd never say sorry to them  :D Saying sorry is something you can do by just pressing a bind, not that hard.

So, I think the best option here is to be able to say sorry, if you feel so, just by pressing a bind which will add the latest name of the teammate you killed. Probably for some lazy people there is a sense to add this auto-sorry anyway, so they can enable it in case of a need.

frosty

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 05:21:46 PM »
Auto-sorry:
I personally don't like auto-sorry thing. There could be noobs who kill you on purpose. I'd never say sorry to them  :D Saying sorry is something you can do by just pressing a bind, not that hard.

for you i think you need it cause your always teamkilling anyways :3

For things like rifle trail color to detect enemies or things like removing trees or ghosting are difficult to determine whether it is cheating or not but theres come a point where you modify it so much that it takes away the challenge and the fun, so in this case i vote a no to team colored rifle trailing.

Quality

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »
ok, i agree about the autosorry Thing. you could still give an Option. it would be nice to get a var that stores the teammate you last killed, though, so you can still have a personified message (like "sorry for tk, " $killedteammate (or whatever you can think of))

as to hiding dead Players: Sauerbraten is a fast paced game, so it is not too much of an Advantage, when you see so many blue x over the Radar. it would make sense in clanwars, mixes where you dont have so many Players, but when you Play garden with 40 Players, its just too much.. btw, all things i mentioned in the original post were meant as Options, that you CAN enable, but arent by Default ...

I'll remove the request of the teamcolored rifle flare "Feature"...

frosty

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 06:41:31 PM »
but why remove it if it doesnt hurt and helps a little? cw and mix are more important and the X is very important for a situation where you are in a flag stalemate and you need to defend the flag by yourself, the death of your teammate can help in determining which side the enemy will attack you from

Quality

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »
ok. you are right. but still, its not removing, only giving the Options to hide it. there are times this would be useful, so a simple toggle would 1.) be no hard thing 2.) dont decrease the gameplay of those who dont like it 3.) increase the gameplay to ppl who like it.

This project aims to open the game to more customisation to suit the individual gamestyle of any player, making options accessible which the community desires

Quote from the about page of ComEd.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:07:48 PM by Quality »

Chaos

• +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »
Well we don't want to provide options for things that most people would never use; that'd just add clutter and noise. I think both auto-sorry and removing dead players from the radar fall under this category (for reasons that have already been brought up). In any case, I also like the idea of displaying player names on crosshair-over; I think people would find that useful.

Quality

• +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 08:17:31 PM »
ok, if removing dead Players from Radar is not wanted, no Problem. only Thing is, Auto sorry is surely wanted by some Players. i think most ppl in this Forum are pretty much skilled Players, so they maybe dont Need it. but newer Players surely would like to have the Option to automatically say sorry (i remember when i started playing  ::) )

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 11:57:28 AM »
we will implement some variables that make autosorry scripts more versatile, but we won't ship all kinds of scripts. If you want a script accessible for someone, post it here in the forum.
I'll also update the faq and the about of the comed, please referr to the guidelines, before requesting 100 features. Also keep in mind, that it takes time to implement the dozens of requests we get.