Sauerworld Forum

memoryduel, duel map.

Salatiel

• +25/-1
    • Projects by Salatiel
memoryduel, duel map.
« on: November 08, 2016, 01:46:31 AM »
I had already posted this map here, but as it has been a long time, and i modified it enough, i decided to post again...
http://sauerworld.org/forum/index.php?topic=280.0

Its a duel map to play in ffa, effic and insta, follows some new images:

If you have any tips or improvements you want to make, tell me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:34:37 PM by Salatiel »
@Salatiel#5274

TristamK

• +3/-0
    • Cube 2 Engine News Group
Re: memoryduel, duel map.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:26:24 PM »
Sauer maps have one problem - 95% of maps looks like "yet another map in sauerbraten". This maps is no exception, unfortunately. Its quality is good but not enough for 2k16 =(.
Russian news group about Cube 2 Sauerbraten in VK ->vk.com/cube_engine_news
International Sauerbraten Mapping Community

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 09:31:56 AM »
I strongly disagree.

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:43:37 PM »
It's a nice map :o.
Just the layout could be more inmersive. (The terrain seems a little too squarish, and it feels like its not part of the ground, also the map itself feels like a box, it lacks of background, it doen't feel natural)
The other detail is that there are too much boxes. Why are you spaming those boxes? if the boxes doesn't serve to a gameplay purpose, its better to not put them. Some boxes are fine, and other are just filling the map or simply blocking the players.   :-\

Anyways its a good map, but could be improved. I think you have good skills, keep the good mapping!

Salatiel

• +25/-1
    • Projects by Salatiel
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 04:55:34 PM »
Sauer maps have one problem - 95% of maps looks like "yet another map in sauerbraten". This maps is no exception, unfortunately. Its quality is good but not enough for 2k16 =(.

I understand this, but this was my first duel map, i barely knew how to edit, now i just made the changes I had promised that year... But maybe I'll just completely remake the map later. Thanks for the feedback! =)
@Salatiel#5274

Salatiel

• +25/-1
    • Projects by Salatiel
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 04:56:59 PM »
I strongly disagree.

Too bad, Star, but could you tell me why you did not like it? =|
@Salatiel#5274

Salatiel

• +25/-1
    • Projects by Salatiel
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 05:05:08 PM »
It's a nice map :o.
Just the layout could be more inmersive. (The terrain seems a little too squarish, and it feels like its not part of the ground, also the map itself feels like a box, it lacks of background, it doen't feel natural)
The other detail is that there are too much boxes. Why are you spaming those boxes? if the boxes doesn't serve to a gameplay purpose, its better to not put them. Some boxes are fine, and other are just filling the map or simply blocking the players.   :-\

Anyways its a good map, but could be improved. I think you have good skills, keep the good mapping!

Thank you Doko, for your suggestions. =)
The boxes were just as an complement before adding the trees, but now i realize that there is no need to keep them there... But anyway, I will remake the map in the future.
@Salatiel#5274