Sauerworld Forum

Anti-Cheat Client Causing FPS Drops!

PenguinSnuggles

• +0/-0
  • All. the. SNUGGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anti-Cheat Client Causing FPS Drops!
« on: November 08, 2015, 04:27:06 AM »
The Anti-Cheat for WCNG and the ComEd and possibly other clients causes sudden fps drops. Sometimes from 180 down to 75 for 3 seconds for me!!! This might be a very minor problem for people that get 1000+ fps, but for us with potato computers who are using texreduce+texcompress+maxtexsize and low low settings. It is a problem as it effects mouse movement. Not sure if there is a fix or if we will just have to live with it. Just making this problem known for my Low Graphics all Gameplay friends!

Harsh

• +0/-0
Re: Anti-Cheat Client Causing FPS Drops!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 07:28:12 AM »
Yes! Thanks for posting this Snuggs :3. I experience the same problem, the new SSL anticheat, version 8.0 (comed) causes fps drops, Usually I use maxfps 100, I usually get pretty bad fps drops playing with that. However, I get worse fps drops when using maxfps 0. Not sure how the problem might be caused, but sure hope it can be fixed in the next version of the anticheat!

frosty

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:41:35 AM »
does it happen with regular comed/wc-ng

CubeX.

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 12:11:43 PM »
I'm using my own mod so I downloaded the Vanilla anti-cheat client. It's doing exactly the same. Each anti-cheat client need to be fix.
Like I said, I made my own client, I need to see with an admin about that.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:16:27 PM by MysteryCube »

PenguinSnuggles

• +0/-0
  • All. the. SNUGGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »
does it happen with regular comed/wc-ng

No Frosty it does not. Stable fps without acc installed... Could be just because of it using the sdl2 perhaps? Idk it is just very annoying. :DDD

pisto

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 07:50:24 AM »
ack.