to download a beta: https://yadi.sk/d/6BKlIbnIfyxxX
to download a beta 1.1: https://yadi.sk/d/C_WGqSnqgEcPU
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:13:39 PM by ЛАПОТЬ »

ЛАПОТЬ

• +0/-0
Re: RMC: De_aztec
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 05:24:01 PM »
Progress:
The basis for the card is ready, I will texture and add specification now.

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 01:10:25 AM »
Impressive. Glad to see someone else doing a map a little bigger than just duel size.

ЛАПОТЬ

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 06:35:18 PM »
The card is almost ready :). Now there will be her testitis and to correct defects. Here in you can download a beta the version and express the opinion
https://yadi.sk/d/6BKlIbnIfyxxX

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 11:02:23 PM »
It's looking good so far, but watch out for the difference in running speed and jumping height. There are certain doorways which are pretty low while there is also some pile of boxes that's very tight towards a doorway and forces you to bump against the inside walls of the building when running around the pile.

ЛАПОТЬ

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 02:14:29 PM »
I added some changes concerning a gameplay, I corrected some defects. The link to the new version in the description

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 12:45:45 AM »
Time for a view this one!

The theme looks very similar as albatross. The atmosphere of the map is clean and has been kept quite simple also. The texturing fits to that smoothly also; especially due the use of some excellent textureblending.
However, this map misses some variety in the texturing. The "stone9" texture has been used too frequently to be realistic, which is a shame.

The geometry feels solid; not too much triangles has been spend on things, although some could use some more.
There are also certain geometrical errors in the map due the texturing.

Also on this map, I do miss certain details which reveal the theme of the map a bit better. It seems like some abandoned ruin, but doesn't really feel like that so far as it is way too clean. It also feels very empty.

There are no pickups on the map; too bad.

The borders of the map feel too low to stop you from not trying to (trick)jump on top off it. That creates a quite unrealistic feeling.

The time which was left after it's last version could have been used to improve it like described above.

This map contains an average quality; that's why I rate 6/10 so far.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:40:35 AM by Suicizer »

Kv

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 07:06:34 PM »
The map is rather plain and dry compared to the original. The geometry is simple, too simple in some parts but working very well in others. Visually some things stand out too much, like the red barrels. However the map could work as an instagib map as it is now, thus I vote 5/10.

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 05:03:14 AM »
This map as it is, is very playable. Everything here is ok, its my favorite for his colours, with some works it could be a really nice map for ctf. It just feel unfinished, mostly for the textures and details.

7/10

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 05:39:58 PM »
Very nice, clean and simple. And I like clean and simple maps (Garden ftw). It could use more details, but maybe you were going for the simplistic look of Counter Strike or even Assault Cube (I've barely played and CS so I could be totally wrong about that). Either way, it looks like a throwback to some 90's game, which I actually really like. The geometry could use some work, especially the terrain. Also some parts where they are clipped off could use some barrels or some sort of physical barrier so it makes more sense, rather than thinking you can go through but you can't. I also like the uniqueness of the map, so +points for that.

I vote 7/10
Edit: Since I missed some of the voting rules, I change my vote to a 5/10. I really like the map, but I don't think the quality can compete with some of the maps in this challenge. With that being said though, I hope you keep it up.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:57:41 PM by Fatality »