Sauerworld Forum

ow(CTF/FFA)

wohsiesta

• +0/-0
ow(CTF/FFA)
« on: March 14, 2020, 03:56:09 AM »
This is a medium sized map, set in a tropical island environment with custom sounds, models, and textures.
It's intended mostly for casual play, since it was primary made to look "good".

Download: https://gamebanana.com/dl/452388
I'm open for constructive criticism, please don't hold back.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 03:31:25 PM by wohsiesta »

Doko

• +4/-0
Re: ow(CTF/FFA)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 02:13:37 AM »
Awesome  :D
Everything here feels like a pro map. But it's definetly better suited for capture, way more than ctf as it's too asymmetric. casual/public FFA and teamplay sounds fun too. But as far as i can see, this is a classic capture map, like in the old sauerbraten times  :D
It's also too much terrain and models. There is not layout at all. The map itself is fucking impressive, but too generic, like it was generated randomly with code. A clean, smooth style like this combined with those new mapmodels and a little more of layout/level design could result in a perfect map.
Good job!

Ganglerr

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 09:37:00 AM »
Hey man,

really impressive work. The map looks really awesome. I think it could work fine for public ctf. The only thing I dont like are the jumppads that shorten the way. Why should I use another way if the jumppad is way faster?

wohsiesta

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 11:47:24 AM »
Hey man,

really impressive work. The map looks really awesome. I think it could work fine for public ctf. The only thing I dont like are the jumppads that shorten the way. Why should I use another way if the jumppad is way faster?

I presumed it would be too hard to escape with the flag alive. Plus i wanted to include the smaller island somehow. But i changed it a bit, and added base entities.