Sauerworld Forum

a 2 hour map making challenge that worked out very well called slingshot

Fixxxer

• +1/-0
this map was a challenge set forth by 7year to see if we could make a duel map in the 2 hour time frame.
the participants was 7year, sauce and fixxxer, we just placed random blocks and started closing up and joining sections and i have to say that this map actually looks very good and plays very well as a duel map in both instagib and efficiency.
admittedly we exceeded the time frame to add textures and modify the map to better the flow and game play of the map and a thank you goes out to those who play tested the map and also a thank you to firefly who is also included into the title for her contributions and advice.
last minute changes was made before submission by adding a jumppad from the pit at the bottom of the map to the top that was suggested by swatllama and it fits very well into the map, thank you for that.

have fun playing on this map   

an updated version has been added with clip fixes and terrain outside of the map to add more depth to the map
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 08:36:47 AM by Fixxxer »

rabe

• +1/-0
this map was a challenge set forth by 7year to see if we could make a duel map in the 2 hour time frame.

Nice idea. Not the way I usually make maps. But very interesting, because it pushes you just to do something without thinking too much. Probably helps a lot, if lacking inspiration/creativity for layouts.

I'd even think about some modifications of this challenge:
- set a max mapsize
- have four players each starting to edit in a corner of the map
- set the timelimit just for the layout
- maybe restrict voice/text communication

Dunno, if that would work. Just some spontaneus thoughts.