Sauerworld Forum

TOURNAMENT: 20 August 2017 - EFFIC // FFA // 2v2 TEAMPLAY

swatllama

• +9/-4
TOURNAMENT: 20 August 2017 - EFFIC // FFA // 2v2 TEAMPLAY
« on: August 09, 2017, 08:13:28 PM »
Hi all! Due to having some spare time and a few requests, I'll be hosting a tournament Sunday, August 20th. Rules will be similar to SSL rules, with some changes.
When: August 20th, 5:00 PM GMT+2.
Where: Servers will be announced in Discord and IRC the day of.
Schedule: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vwSUnaJx0Ezwi2bKXmujbCW1vsb3WCrc1-IO2cn0E6o/edit?usp=sharing
Map Pick List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZF3tm44pLFXo4dOZoiQYTNd-aKNZyhWaBNN_Z-kXXzA/edit?usp=sharing
Structure
Signup by PM'ing me in discord or IRC.
Signups will be open from now until 12 hours before the event begins. The reason for signups is so that a schedule can be made so players participating in only one event do not have to stay around for more hours than they originally anticipate.

As the schedule gets updated with more signups, we'll have a better idea of when later events start. There will also be a break time between events as a buffer for any overflow. Even if one event ends early, we will wait until the designated start time for the next event.

Mixed teams are allowed for the 2v2 Teamplay event.
The seeding for each event will be determined by a mass all vs all. The top 8 participants in the all vs all will move on to the duel sections, which will be a Best of three. The higher seeded player in the all vs all will pick the first map.
Unlike in past SSL events, the third (tiebreaker) map, if need be, will be prechosen per mode. It cannot be picked. This means it would be wise to practise these maps more.
Per event, an individual may only pick any map once. This carries over into the final match, so pick early maps carefully. If someone has already played a map, but has not picked it, they may still pick it. I will maintain a spreadsheet of everyone's picks. The reasoning behind this is to encourage playing the game well, instead of playing only a few maps well.
Make sure you have the SW mappack installed. If you plan on playing ffa or teamplay, I have updated a spawn on sauerowalk that you will need to play, added some pickups on toxicity that you will need to play, and have a custom teamplay map attached at the end of the post.
Map Pools
Effic http://challonge.com/tnb2j98t
  • duel8
  • academy
  • frozen6a - custom
  • memento2b - custom
  • legazzo
  • duel7
  • mbt2
  • simplicity
  • legacy - custom
  • turbine - tiebreaker, cannot be picked

FFA http://challonge.com/qe2csalh
  • metl3
  • metl4
  • skrdm1
  • tumwalk
  • cartel - custom
  • sauerowalk - custom, and I have an updated copy you need
  • hades
  • corruption
  • elegy
  • toxicity - tiebreaker, cannot be picked, and I have an updated copy you need
2v2 Teamplay
  • bvdm_01
  • hades
  • corruption
  • para_die - custom, and not in the SW mappack
  • nmp8
  • paradigm
  • cartel
  • gubo - tiebreaker, cannot be picked
Yes, only eight maps for teamplay.

Now, for the
BANLIST
  • Jumper

Feel free to contact me with feedback, questions, or requests for help practicing maps.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:09:40 PM by swatllama »

h8

• +6/-2
Re: TOURNAMENT: 20 August 2017 - EFFIC // FFA // 2v2 TEAMPLAY
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 09:27:22 PM »
nice. good luck to participants and organizers.
annoyin noob #477462

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 09:59:43 PM »
Will this be required to make sure Jumper is cheating?
Who else is banned from participating?
Will you wait until the official synchronized starting time, for all teams to show up?

swatllama

• +9/-4
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 10:10:49 PM »
Star,
Yes, everyone will be required to download Jumper's anticheat, as well as to turn over all credit card numbers, CVV's, SSN's, and passport information.

Any cheating accusations from the past will be forgiven for this event, except for the most megalomaniac of all.

Addressed the starting time in an edit, but in short, yes.