Sauerworld Forum

Zoomscript..

Quality

• +0/-0
  • Guitarthusiest :P
Zoomscript..
« on: September 07, 2014, 04:48:36 PM »
as you may know, there are some zoomscripts around. but most of them are just with Special keys and so on SO: i made one for your scrollwheel. please notice, it only works with ComEd and SuperSauer, maybe faned, but i'm not sure bout that. the vanilla Sauerbraten DOES NOT support this!!! (it has another way of zooming than e.g. supersauer).

to use:

>bind MOUSE4 [if $izoom [ scrollin ] [ universaldelta 1] ]<
>bind MOUSE5 [if $izoom [scrollout ] [universaldelta -1 ] ]<

of course you can also use keys, or Exchange scrollin with scroll out.
on your first Startup though you Need to type: exec zoomscript.cfg (move it (on Windows) to mygames/Sauerbraten/)

PS: it would also be nice, if ComEd supports this, so ppl dont Need to download a script from a third Person ...
(sorry for the random upper cases, but it is kinda Auto correct :) )

star

• +19/-5
Re: Zoomscript..
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:26:08 PM »
Scripts, like zoomscripts, are a very personal thing. I for example don't like the way you propose to zoom. It is not the goal of the comed to implement scripts and force users to USE THIS ONLY ONE SCRIPT FTW.

The goal of the comed is: that it enables features so that the users can customize their sauer more. We don't wanna force the users to play with the settings we think are best. Instead we encourage the players to find their own!

I added my zoomscript here in the hope that more will add their personal scripts.

Code: [Select]
// star's zoomscript of doom

alias zoomkey MOUSE8
bind $zoomkey starzoom

starzoom = [
dths = (getdeaths)
togglezoom
onrelease [ if (<= (getdeaths) $dths) [togglezoom] ]
]

Quality

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:49:12 PM »
you could maybe implement some zoomscripts (not only one) and give the user a choice ... it would still give them the Option to choose and also to do one on their own ...

CubeX.

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 10:51:21 AM »
If you want guys, i can try to make a zoom with the scroll, you can zoom more or less.
And when you died, the script unzoom Automatically. 

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 11:12:33 PM »
If you want guys, i can try to make a zoom with the scroll, you can zoom more or less.

there is already such a script, i'll have a look at my archives

Quality

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 08:27:25 AM »

ah, what exactly do you mean by this? my starting post includes a script where you zoom with you wheel. i dont understand if/what you mean differently. oh and btw Sauerbraten automatically unzooms on death (dont know how about ComEd though)