Sauerworld Forum

Croma

Suicizer

• +6/-5
Re: Croma
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »
I always read this comment …
Shall I use the usual over-used rotating map model ? Shall I write above all the teleports “TELEPORT HERE“ ? After one quick run around the map you'll find them all and understand how they work .

Having a different colour than blue or red (like purple) for the particles would do the job perfectly to show of it's an exit only; not an entrance.

? not sure what you mean with that , I've seeked for the missing ent but couldn't spot any difference between red and blue side , I even tried /clearents lights but the number was even (124) .

There are plenty of light-sources at the teleport; yet no lights. That's what I mean.

Any more precise examples ?

You should be able to find such things for yourself if you're actually taking feedback for granted but ok; I'll post the screenshot to help.

Playing wiht bots it's super-lame for many obvious reasons ( reatard and predictable movements combined wiht insane aim and wallhack). That's why I didn't add the .wpt file and I'm not going to ( sry guys with bad connection , play other games , sauer is worth it to be played multiplayer online only). Please smart comments only , I'm not gonna move the YA so that stupid bots can take it..
Despite your opinion, bots shouldn't be avoided as they are part of the gameplay of Sauerbraten. I don't care if you don't add waypoints, but just add them any way. It's not that tough job to do so in the first place.

That's not a dead end , aside from the fact that you can see very well the wall from a long distance ( if you run into it it's your fault , walls are usually made of concrete don't run into them you might hurt your-self !) that wall is there for a reason , it provides cover for the base in capture modes also it offers a direct and safe sight on the small short corridor on the other side so that you have the chance to shoot the flagholder despite being some steps behind when chasing him ( I took the idea from reissen's camping spot , the one right above the small tunnel toward the jumppad below the base).

The one from reissen works quite different as that's a path to the centre; so it's not a dead end.

That jump is actually possible without weapons of course .. so another lie ( it's pretty frustrating to ear these bullshits , especially from someone who consider him-self a pro player/editor) ,  despite that it's a pretty non-sense jump anyway. And where else are examples of bad flow ? Just there ? Does just one hard yet useless jump make it a map with “Just not right”  flow ?

In this case; you can certainly jump from the area of the base to the platform at the left. However; it takes a relatively well-timed jump to perform.

The flow just doesn't feel great as you're being force to do a specific action while there doesn't feel any reason to do so.
Like those 2 beams which are right over the pathway; what's the point of it?

In the 2nd screenshot; the hole on the right feels like you would be able to make it with a nice jump, but you are actually force to do a riflejump for it.

In the 3th screenshot; when players come from the lower curved path on the left and want to get on any higher area; they are forced to make a jump to the right or take the jumppad which feels a struggle to actually take as you first have to hold down your speed to take it or bump against the wall, move backward and then finally take the jumppad.

What's the use of the red coloured bar on the left?
It feels like you should be able to get on top of it to earn a tactical advantage, but all it leads to a teleport or the area of a dead end.

The map's pickups are pretty unbalanced; there are 10 rockets spawning on the map, but only 6 shells. There are also only 6 grenades appearing. What about adding 4 more of each shells and grenades?

The playerstarts should be checked also as there are some in it which feel quite awkward.

P.S.
It doesn't matter who makes the feedback. It rather matters how the feedback is received and reacted.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:55:13 PM by Suicizer »

savanha

• +3/-5
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 04:33:03 PM »
Listen dude you're clearly not smart or experienced enough ( i'm kind and I want to believe the 2nd option ) to understand the reasons of  the choices I operated on the map , I therefore will have to explain them to you in game since I don't want to write a poem here explaining every single choice I made .
Afterwards though I'm expecting your public apologies or retreat ( if you have the ba**s..) for saying these nonsenses and untruths about the map. It gives it unwarranted negative fame .

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 04:43:52 PM »
Listen dude you're clearly not smart or experienced enough ( i'm kind and I want to believe the 2nd option ) to understand the reasons of  the choices I operated on the map , I therefore will have to explain them to you in game since I don't want to write a poem here explaining every single choice I made .
Afterwards though I'm expecting your public apologies or retreat ( if you have the ba**s..) for saying these nonsenses and untruths about the map. It gives it unwarranted negative fame .

Look man, I'm not commenting here to mess you up neither your map or any other project which you've participated. The fact is, if you're viewing a map and actually want to provide some feedback which isn't like "map is great! - the end", then you should wonder at every step that has been done. Why is such texturing chosen for that theme? Why are playerstarts putted right there with that specific direction? That should all be done as that's what the mapper also should have done. Most of such questions are obvious, but naturally some aren't. There's a lot to discuss in theming, flow and gameplay as that's quite vague and depending on a certain view.
That's why I'm asking such questions.

Next to that, if you make a map everything might look totally awesome at the start, but you'll notice if you've done projects throughout several years that it's an illusion. If you look back to a project you started a month ago, certain elements might not feel that great anymore as they felt back then. This is something which someone that plays the map for the first pair of times also notices as they didn't start playing the map with the certain feeling as it has been made.

This can be relativised at any project you actually do.

So perhaps you shouldn't insult people who are only there trying to provide some constructive feedback and actually want to help you getting your mapping to a higher level, but consider things which they notice as a given and learn from them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:29:17 PM by Suicizer »

savanha

• +3/-5
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 05:30:20 PM »
no no no now you come in-game and I prove you wrong , you'll not get away like this .
Thing that bothers me is that you come here and say things like " bad flow " when it's just 1 jump or simply you didnt get the porpouse of that specific thing , then you say "clipping could be improved " when it's just a stupid tiny hole in the clip totally uneffective on the gameplay.. this way of reviewing of yours is misleading , it seems like the map is still unifinished when those little things you pointed out are just your opinion but you make them look like it's a problem of the map . And as i said there are too many things I have to show you to prove they were the opposite of what you said , so now you come in-game . Or retreat.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:34:23 PM by savanha »

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »
no no no now you come in-game and I prove you wrong , you'll not get away like this .
Thing that bothers me is that you come here and say things like " bad flow " when it's just 1 jump or simply you didnt get the porpouse of that specific thing , then you say "clipping could be improved " when it's just a stupid tiny hole in the clip totally uneffective on the gameplay.. this way of reviewing of yours is misleading , it seems like the map is still unifinished when those little things you pointed out are just your opinion but you make them look like it's a problem of the map . And as i said there are too many things I have to show you to prove they were the opposite of what you said , so now you come in-game . Or retreat.

Well; I'm currently in-game so I'm actually waiting for you ^^.

We both know that I won't go point at all the mistakes done throughout the whole map. Then I could rather build it myself in that time.

savanha

• +3/-5
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 06:45:57 PM »
Well , we met in-game but we couldn't settle things . Even in front of the evidence you decided to not retreat . Fine , I disrespect your opinion ( which you obviously made up too hastily ) . The clipping is fine , so is the flow , if you didn't get the porpouse of things is because you're lacking of experience of competitive gameplay . I'm not intersted in the opinion of someone who cannot jump and move properly . I kindly ask you to don't comment furthermore my works . I'm aware of my limits concerning the editing but you seem to be not about yours regarding actual gameplay . With this I close it , I'm not interested in the opinion of a noob. 

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 07:51:41 PM »
Well , we met in-game but we couldn't settle things . Even in front of the evidence you decided to not retreat . Fine , I disrespect your opinion ( which you obviously made up too hastily ) . The clipping is fine , so is the flow , if you didn't get the porpouse of things is because you're lacking of experience of competitive gameplay . I'm not intersted in the opinion of someone who cannot jump and move properly . I kindly ask you to don't comment furthermore my works . I'm aware of my limits concerning the editing but you seem to be not about yours regarding actual gameplay . With this I close it , I'm not interested in the opinion of a noob. 

That something is fine doesn't mean it can't be improved. So the clipping can be improved, as well as the gameplay.

We both agreed we should keep each other at distance and respect by not provoking anything like an insult or a comment. Yet you do so which breaks the promise (and so the reason of this comment).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 07:58:02 PM by Suicizer »

frosty

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »
this map looks a lot better than the first time i downloaded it so props to you. however there are a few errors and quite a few bothersome areas for me, perhaps it can be discussed more in depth on a server sometime?

savanha

• +3/-5
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
Sure , I'd love to , meet you on IRC

savanha

• +3/-5
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »
I've seen you played this map on one of the latest tournaments , not sure which version you used since the one posted here was slightlty outdated , anyhow if you used the one frosty had then you played the last version . Anyhow hereby I'm posting the last version attached below.

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 06:59:09 PM »
Dayum, why i didn't saw this fight before?

Gangler

• +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 09:45:53 AM »
great map. :)