Sauerworld Forum

Top 10 insta ctf players of all time?

MrSquishy

• +0/-0
Top 10 insta ctf players of all time?
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:14:15 AM »
Used to play this game a ton many years ago, and I'm just now getting back into it... I have vague memories of absolute gods who completely dominated matches, but nowadays I don't see any names I recognize, and no one dominates to anywhere near the same degree. Who are the all-time greats of insta? Also is the competitive history of this game documented anywhere?

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
Re: Top 10 insta ctf players of all time?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:49:42 AM »
Honzik is pretty damn good. He was probably around when you played the game many years ago too.

h8

• +6/-2
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
Who are the all-time greats of insta? Also is the competitive history of this game documented anywhere?

seems relevant: http://sauerleague.org/index.php/psl-history1

you may remember those names if you around those days. only honzik1 is still active. My ranking would go something like this:

1. !s]Starch
2. w00p]Tenshi
3. RB|Honzik1
4. Fk|Asylum
5. rC.neon
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:38:39 AM by h8 »
annoyin noob #477462

Rastavi

• +2/-0
  • Don't hate, masturbate.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:15:49 PM »
h8: I've seen both Starch and Asylum playing last couple days.

Acuerta

• +7/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »
Off-topic messages were deleted. Please stay on topic.

Top 10 iCTF Players in no particular order:
- Asylum
- tenshi
- Achille
- starch
- Art
- KaZ
- Honzik
- Ace
- kuzen
- Majikal
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:22:27 AM by Acuerta »

MrSquishy

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 02:23:02 PM »
Ha, what's funny is I don't really recognize any of those names. From poking around I did find Skillz and miseria, who I definitely played with back in the day. Maybe I was/am just too much of a scrub to know who's good or not. Do good players usually hang out on the public servers like pastaland, etc...?

mefisto

• +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 02:43:45 PM »
I think the combo of Tenshi, Jay-EM and Teppo was the greatest of all time in Sauer.

greenadiss

• +5/-1
  • Mo ho!
    • MdSauer
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 02:53:44 PM »
Ha, what's funny is I don't really recognize any of those names. From poking around I did find Skillz and miseria, who I definitely played with back in the day. Maybe I was/am just too much of a scrub to know who's good or not. Do good players usually hang out on the public servers like pastaland, etc...?
Players, that Acuerta listed, are really well known and were pretty skilled in insta modes (some of them are still active or were not so long time ago). Acuerta is one of them, he was just too humble to list himself. If they played on a public server, it was probably PSL1. Back in that time it was the most popular and active server where we, players who liked to hang out with each other, used to play together.

Good old times...

notas

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 05:01:39 PM »
w00p dominated in 2009 with the combo mefisto mentioned, with Majikal swapped in as well. vaQ (still a part of TC at first) had a lot of success in 2010 and beyond, with Finn, T-chen and Kaz. JG (Fraggsta, 0815, ulului) began dominating at the end of 2010, and their success carried on into the SWL era (2011-2012ish) where they were neck and neck with sp4nk (Achille kuzen, echo-echo).

to recap:

JG: Fraggsta, 0815, ulului
sp4nk: Achille, kuzen, echo-echo
w00p: tenshi, teppo, Jay-EM/Majikal
vaQ: finn, t-chen, kaz

Personally I think JG and sp4nk stood a cut above vaQ and w00p in terms of peak ictf skill.

http://sauerleague.org/index.php/psl-history1/hall-of-fame
http://cube2sauer.blogspot.de/p/swl-hof.html

Asylum

• +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 06:29:26 PM »
No idea which players I'd chose, though the roles would be something like defensive players, support players and the ones who take the flag.

For defensive players I'd would go for Tenshi, Kane, Razor for sure. It has nothing to do with them being more skilled than other players or not, but I've always been impressed by players who can aim right without consistently moving, and those players had/have that for them.