Original game: Quake Live
Original map: Hidden Fortress
Original author: Martin Kaai Cluney
Source: http://www.quakelive.com/#!preview/dcmap07
Theme: Industrial indoor
Game mode(s): Capture, Hold
License: CC-BY-SA 4.0

Notifications

To see this map in it's full glory, please download the evil8 texture pack.
http://quadropolis.us/node/2859

Progress

6 April 2015
Made a .cfg-file so far based on the textures of Yves Allaire. Not sure if I'm asking Simon O'Callaghan (so far copyrighted) to use to original textures or using those of Yves Allaire (currently CC BY-SA 4.0).

8 April 2015
Dropped Focal Point as it currently isn't in Quake Live anymore. I've chosen Hidden Fortress instead.

22 April 2015
Finally made some progress creating a layout for the map. Probably will put a screenshot soon.

23 April 2015
The screenshot as promised.

28 April 2015
I "proudly" present one part of the map; the bridge!
Just raw geometry with some playerstarts at the moment. Is it playable so far? Hell no, but perhaps another time. A try-out version of the map is now included as attachment.

10 May 2015
I present you a seriously messed up version of just 1 room yet.
A lot which could have gone wrong, actually did go wrong the last weeks. I found 3 catastrophic errors in .cfg-file of the texture set which take quite a while to get done right. Because of that, I've got to retexture the whole place all over again.
I seriously had not enough time to make some proper progress than how it currently looks (raw lighted, partly incorrectly textured, no pickups other then shown yet).

15 May 2015
Finally updated the textures of the e8-texturepack so they are practical in use. Still got to update the mapmodels, but that's for later on..

22 May 2015
Retextured most of the walls and floors in that specific room so far. Added some lights and tweaked the existing to be smooth.

3 June 2015
The first room is finished roughly. Still no rocks near the bridge yet, no pick ups and a basic lighting, but it works for now.
Started on the quad-room (which ironically has no quad but a base, but oh well...).
Changed the skybox for a better appearance.
Changed the YA for a GA to get a better balance.

8 June 2015
Continued working on the quad-room (placed a healthboost in it instead due the nearby base).
Finished the sewer between the bridge- and the quad-room.P
Placed several boxes of ammo so it could be played somehow.
Added a screenshot to the zip-file so it meets the requirements of the challenge.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:10:53 PM by Suicizer »

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
Re: RMC: Hidden Fortress
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 08:28:06 PM »
Oh yay! I didnt even know that you had updated. It looks good. I am glad you got some work done to it! :D

KI113R

• +2/-0
    • mX Clan
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 05:32:41 PM »
Looking good! I will download this tomorrow and give it a play test :)

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »
Looking good! I will download this tomorrow and give it a play test :)

Great to hear, but there's nothing to play yet..
Although the texturing has been changed lately.
I'm quite sure I won't be able to get the map done in time even with the extension of a month, but I'm targeting to have at least 1 other room near finished (probably the LG room and perhaps the path to the Quad which will be a base instead).
The reason why I work from room to room this time and not first building up the layout is that you'll have to edit the room at least twice in it's shape. Next to that; the details from the map get repeated in each room (like the diagonal columns or doorways), so then it's just copy-pasta-mirror/rotate (in theory).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:08:39 PM by Suicizer »

TristamK

• +3/-0
    • Cube 2 Engine News Group
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 10:13:21 PM »
I'm quite sure I won't be able to get the map done in time even with the extension of a month
same situation. I don't have time for editing since i have some problems that need to be solved. I hope KI113R's map will be finished in time.
Russian news group about Cube 2 Sauerbraten in VK ->vk.com/cube_engine_news
International Sauerbraten Mapping Community

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:40:23 AM »
Updated!

Although you still can't really play it, it looks more like it supposed to look like (well, in my opinion).
I can't add the decals like the original is using (as it uses a lot of decals!) so far, but perhaps some tricks or good old fashion texture replacing should do.
This is a concern for later anyway. Enjoy it in it's current state for now.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:59:56 PM by Suicizer »

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 11:06:09 PM »
Updated!

Nothing else than some small progress though...

It might not be my fastest project so far, but it contains innovation within Cube Engine 2 as always.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:53:54 PM by Suicizer »

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 10:29:36 PM »
Is this done? It looks really nice from the pictures, but I'm not sure if I have a finished version of it. It's really a bummer to see only two finished maps for this challenge :(

Suicizer

• +6/-5
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 12:21:39 AM »
Is this done? It looks really nice from the pictures, but I'm not sure if I have a finished version of it. It's really a bummer to see only two finished maps for this challenge :(
As only half of the map is roughly made, it clearly isn't finished.
Despite that, it still should be rated.

P.S.
There seem to be 3 maps finished of the 9 participations.
That's not that bad if you consider 3 other participations halfway done...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:44:16 PM by Suicizer »

Kv

• +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 07:16:36 PM »
Visually it looks very nice and solid, but it is very much unfinished. Not much more I can say here.
6/10

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 04:55:53 AM »
This one is the best after Albatross, very clean aspect and geometry, with some innovations. I dont have too much to say about it. Its obviously unfinished, so i cant give more points than a completed map.

my vote is 5/10
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:46:24 AM by Doko »

Fatality

• +10/-0
  • Did he heared the shoot?
    • fatalitysauerblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 11:55:50 PM »
I know this is late, but:

Everything in this map is very clean and neat, which is to be expected of a Suicizer map. The flow, texturing, and lighting are also great as usual. The only thing I have to say is that it really lacks details, and of course that it is not finished.

To abide by the voting rules, I will have to give this a 6/10, only because it is not finished. I really like the map though.