Sauerworld Forum

Sauerbraten match recordings on youtube

Anna

• +0/-0
  • 'eS|Adelaide <3
Sauerbraten match recordings on youtube
« on: August 21, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

One thing that is very lacking in Sauer's appearance is the difficulty in finding good match recordings.
   If you search on youtube for Quake matches, you will find thousands of recordings. For Sauer, there is only noob insta gameplay with bots, or pro fragmovies.
   I'd like to do a similar thing for Sauer. Any suggestions on good sources for lots of demos? I'd like to include not just competitive matches, but also mixes and clanwars. I also want to upload recent stuff if possible, maybe weekly or every few days.
   Also, any recommendations for recording? (mods, configs, etc).

star

• +19/-5
Re: Sauerbraten match recordings on youtube
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »
We were once publishing some match demos on sauerworld already: http://www.sauerworld.org/raw-duelsclanwars-on-youtube-ep-1-acuerta-vs-eternalsolstice-on-effic-memento/

sadly I find duels on sauerbraten quite boring to watch, because it's not really much tactic involved, mainly aiming. In quake people are interested in watching pickup games. the sauer equivalent ffa is saldy not that often played, and the modern generation of binary, idiot kids, are only capable of understanding the basic point and click mechanics of instant gib.

sadly all demo resource websites are down (tournaments, ogros/efficme). you are better off with opening a threat here where people can submit their demos. i know that frosty already planned to publish the sauerleague demos from the past years again on sauerworld, but you have to wait for this a lil bit!

Anna

• +0/-0
  • 'eS|Adelaide <3
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 03:59:27 PM »
Hi Star, thanks for your reply.
Yes I have seen the recordings on the Sauerworld and SauerLeague channels. Unfortunately there are less than 10 in total.
I agree that effic/insta 1v1 is quite boring. I'm mostly interested in CTF or pickup 1v1s (all kinds of pickup modes actually).
It would be nice if demos were uploaded to a webserver after they're recorded. That would make this alot easier, but maybe not everyone wants that :)
Yes I'd be happy to accept demos here. I will take everything except insta modes, and effic 1v1s. I'll probably start by uploading demos which were included in recent Moments of Glory movies, from the POV of the player who was featured.

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 04:15:45 PM »
well, those games are practically dead now, you will have a hard time finding demos...

frosty

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 04:46:54 PM »
for sauerleague we almost got around to uploading all the videos to youtube, but that proved to be painful with handling monster file sizes. didnt realize anyone cared :D

Anna

• +0/-0
  • 'eS|Adelaide <3
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 04:57:57 PM »
Where could I find the Sauerleague demos?

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 05:10:03 PM »
... i know that frosty already planned to publish the sauerleague demos from the past years again on sauerworld, but you have to wait for this a lil bit!

Anna

• +0/-0
  • 'eS|Adelaide <3
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »
Oops, I thought he had meant videos :)

Obstriegel

• +3/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »
Hello!
I used to have thousands of demos from all games played on our servers but from time to time I delete them.
Last time I deleted demos was in the beginning of May. So right now I have about 1500 demos of duels, mixes and clanwars which took place on our popular clanserver.

21 of them are ctf and 23 are ffa games. Maybe you can do something with them. I have no idea who played there though.
http://obstriegel.de/ctfdemos01.tar
http://obstriegel.de/ffademos01.tar

About 1000 are ectf/ictf mixes or clanwars. If you are interested in some of this data let me know and we figure out a way how to get them to you.

Kind Regards,
Obstriegel

Anna

• +0/-0
  • 'eS|Adelaide <3
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 06:11:40 PM »
Hi Obstriegel,
  That is awesome! I would love to have these. (especially ectf :) I looked at the two tars you shared, it is great stuff. I wouldn't have expected to see so many ffa demos lol. 
  Thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:34:03 PM by Anna »

notas

• +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 06:18:22 PM »
hey, i've thought about this before too. you might be interested in this demo of me playing with honzik a few weeks ago. It's ffa on nmp8, which everyone knows I think is the most entertaining/interesting map mode combination in sauerbraten. Unfortunately I didn't save our other maps from that day's games, but on any given day we could play some more and create some more decent recordings.

Anna

• +0/-0
  • 'eS|Adelaide <3
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 06:47:05 PM »
Thanks notas, I will use this one also. FFA on nmp8 is epic :)

Since I have alot of demos to record, I am making some scripts to render them all automatically. It may be a bit before I can upload the first one.

Obstriegel

• +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 07:29:41 PM »
718 ectf demos for you. Have fun rendering them :D What is the youtube channel I have to subscribe to?
I tried to filter out games where nothing happens by their file-size.

http://de.impressivesquad.eu/efficctfdemos01.tar

Anna

• +0/-0
  • 'eS|Adelaide <3
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
Wow thanks Obst :D Rendering will be no issue because I have scripts, but uploading... :)
I will be creating a new youtube channel specifically for Sauer matches. I'll let you know when it's up. It will be a while because I need to test alot of configurations and other things.

Anna

• +0/-0
  • 'eS|Adelaide <3
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 11:59:10 PM »
I was playing around with Sauer's movie recorder, and it works quite well now, but it sometimes drops frames at random. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Thanks