Sauerworld Forum

CTF map "preview" + new textures (Help me pick a name)

Doko

• +4/-0
CTF map "preview" + new textures (Help me pick a name)
« on: September 10, 2017, 12:17:59 AM »
Hi!
I started a ctf map some days ago and it's almost complete. Im using pk02, a futuristic texturepack that is not in the game
it's pretty cool so im making 2 more maps wich are like 60% done.
So this is the first try for a ctf map with this theme.
i accept suggestions, and also NAMES ???

-Layout: 95%
-Textures:80%
-Details: 80%

-Lights: 0%
-Background: 0%
-Pickups, bases, playerstarts: 0%

Screenshots:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Download
link [Map + textures]:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rx11r2hl95ho6g7/layoutctf2.rar

INSTRUCTIONS:

Extract the .rar in sauerbraten's main folder

To load the map: /map layoutctf2
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:24:13 AM by Doko »

CubeX.

• +2/-0
Re: CTF map "preview" + new textures (Help me pick a name)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:45:59 PM »
Pretty nice map, I really like it and the textures are clean.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:28:57 PM »
Really nice map! I would suggest the ghost city. I am really but with names :P

degrave

• +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 02:05:33 PM »
In my opinion map layout is too complex and have too many decoration elements, no one like complex maps, most played ctf maps is have simple layout. I don't like that the map have so many stairs. I suggest make only 2 levels and remove roof level (red - to remove, yellow - 2nd floor, green 1st - floor), but probably it will be different map.

I like middle part, you can do some rocket jumps on second floor.

You can name your map "husky" like dog on your avatar.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:07:46 PM by degrave »

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 07:22:40 PM »
In my opinion map layout is too complex and have too many decoration elements, no one like complex maps, most played ctf maps is have simple layout. I don't like that the map have so many stairs. I suggest make only 2 levels and remove roof level (red - to remove, yellow - 2nd floor, green 1st - floor), but probably it will be different map.

I like middle part, you can do some rocket jumps on second floor.

You can name your map "husky" like dog on your avatar.

That's a nice perspective, im going to try how it goes and post the results here. Thanks for your advice.  ;)

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 08:50:43 PM »
I suggest make only 2 levels and remove roof level (red - to remove, yellow - 2nd floor, green 1st - floor), but probably it will be different map.

It's not so different. Now is simplier but faster, and a bit more open.
I also added a jumppad to a defensive part of the map like in forge, that place there should not affect the gameplay like the parts i removed.

What do you think?

degrave

• +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 10:21:28 PM »
Now layout looks better for me, i like it, but it still need some work.

I suggest to make that room solid and inaccessible, instead of jumppad add ladder on other side (green) and remove wall annexe with jumppad.

From this balcony i can overview whole map, for attackers it will be almost impossible to stole the flag. I suggest to block visibility with some map geometry, walls, columns, etc. and add one more way to flag, for example on dust2 there 2 ways to stole a flag and you can't protect both at same time.

When i was running around map i was expecting to see passage there.

You really need that glass here? I can't remember any popular map on sauer with glasses. I suggest to remove glasses, make it opaque and simplicity geometry of this buildings.

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 12:36:39 AM »
The room at both bases were meant to be inaccesible, the stairs are another good idea and the thing about glasses... Im not sure if im getting what you say.
The passage is also a great idea, im gonna try it.
The "more options thing" is a very hard one, for competitives maps it's pretty necessary now that im thinking about it...
But it's impossible since the base idea of the layout is complete. Still im going to experiment a little more with your suggestions. Thank you!