Sauerworld Forum

name completion and highlighting

alebrije

• +4/-0
    • JuGadores Latinos eXtremos
name completion and highlighting
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:38:03 PM »
Well, this feature was added (in some way) in other client but i don't like it how this works (in that client) so... i made my own version for my client.
You can watch it here: http://cubeengine.com/forum.php4?action=display_thread&thread_id=2662

Works in chat/command/team console and in any place of the text: at the begining, between some text, at the end.

I used gif's to show how this works because when you are typing something in the caht/command console, you can't take screenshots. :o
Verba volant, scripta manent

star

• +19/-5
Re: name completion and highlighting
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 11:42:36 AM »
Very nice work ale! I will definitely implement this into the ComEd, if you are ok with this?
Let us know if you have more of those good ideas!

(I won't repeat myself for the healthbars :D they are hereby adressed, too)

alebrije

• +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 07:59:53 PM »
Very nice work ale! I will definitely implement this into the ComEd, if you are ok with this?
I'm ok with that, but if that lazzy guy called 'eihrul' added this to the vanilla client i will be really happy.  :P

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:46:38 PM »
Very nice, but i didnt understand what are the "highlighting"

star

• +19/-5
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:09:49 PM »
in general: highlights are like warnings that are triggerd by events, like an alarm clock.
here it means that everytime, a selection of words is used in the chat, those words will be displayed in a different color.
this way you can see more easy when someone wants your attention.

@alebrije: the whole point of the community edition is to implement stuff, eihrul is too stubborn to. I personally don't expect another release of sauerbraten.

Doko

• +4/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 01:28:23 AM »
in general: highlights are like warnings that are triggerd by events, like an alarm clock.
here it means that everytime, a selection of words is used in the chat, those words will be displayed in a different color.
this way you can see more easy when someone wants your attention.

@alebrije: the whole point of the community edition is to implement stuff, eihrul is too stubborn to. I personally don't expect another release of sauerbraten.

I dont understand some technicall words, i speak spanish and i know more the basic part of the english.
Thanks for the aclarations  ;) 

alebrije

• +4/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 01:40:41 AM »
Very nice, but i didnt understand what are the "highlighting"
Doko feo, mira esto: http://glx-clan.ucoz.net/forum/8-100-1
Ahi con imagenes puedes ver que es el highlighting (resaltado de sintaxis)